Domestic Soccer 2009-10

BrySmalls

I bet...that's a hell of an upset. That's basically the lowest seed in the tournament beating the top seed, and they did it by 2 goals.

Everyone knew that there would be an upset in the first round though...wouldn't be the MLS playoffs without it. :P But wow, did not expect it to come against the defending champs.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago beats New England 2-0 and advances 3-2 on aggregate to the Eastern Conference Final.

so its Real Salt Lake vs Chicago in the Eastern conference final? nice.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So I'm assuming the Sounders-Dynamo is at Roberts Stadium due to greater playoff capacity?

If so, they should've put more seats at the regular field. The turf is in absolutely terrible condition. It's like a Browns game from the 80's out there.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So I'm assuming the Sounders-Dynamo is at Roberts Stadium due to greater playoff capacity?

If so, they should've put more seats at the regular field. The turf is in absolutely terrible condition. It's like a Browns game from the 80's out there.

That's Houston's regular stadium.

1zqy8ok.gif

Galaxy tops Chivas, 1-0, on the back of a Donovan PK. Advances on aggregate, 3-2.

East: Real Salt Lake vs Chicago Fire

West: Houston Dynamo vs Los Angeles Galaxy

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That's Houston's regular stadium.

Oh, I thought they had that Toyota Field or whatever it was. I stand corrected.

Either way, terrible turf in that game.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Toyota Park is in Bridgeview IL; the Chicago Fire play there.

Toyota Center is the home of the Houston Rockets.

Robertson Stadium's main tenant is the University of Houston football team; the Dynamo also call it home.

Reliant Stadium is home of the Texans, and is also set up for soccer. It's generally much too big for the Dynamo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Robertson Stadium's main tenant is the University of Houston football team; the Dynamo also call it home.

Reliant Stadium is home of the Texans, and is also set up for soccer. It's generally much too big for the Dynamo.

Ah. This is why I don't follow MLS until the Timbers and Whitecaps come in, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Ah. This is why I don't follow MLS until the Timbers and Whitecaps come in, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks.

Never stopped you before...why should it now? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Thanks.

Never stopped you before...why should it now? :P

Vado. Pudor. Tu.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Remember all the talk of teams breaking away from USL-1? Consider it official. Last week, USL made a big announcement, which left out the TOA teams:

http://usl1.uslsoccer.com/home/380021.html

Now, the TOA makes their big announcement:

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/11/10/team-owners-association-announce-move-to-go-forward-with-new-league/

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19238846&postcount=73

Of course, us Minnesota Thunder fans have basically been mourning the team's death for the last few days, given recent news:

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/11/06/dean-johnson-and-the-minnesota-thunder-are-they-in-financial-peril/

http://www.insidemnsoccer.com/2009/11/08/minnesota-thunder-release-players-from-their-contracts/

Now they're included in this new league venture. Huh?

POTD 2013-08-22

Not likely. Minnesota's a financial mess, Miami can't draw flies, Carolina's not exactly a hot market, and St. Louis keeps getting passed over.

POTD 2013-08-22

But for the most part, I think the goal of the TOA was to take the biggest markets they could (not including Long Island, obviously), to try to make a stronger national Div II league. These owners were unhappy with the expansion route that the league was taking (particularly with new teams having trouble finishing the season), and did something about it. Whether or not it works is another story.

I just don't know why Vancouver is bothering, especially with them going to MLS in a year. I think they were part of the spearheading effort to get this off the ground, but with their (current) biggest rival (Portland) staying in USL-1, why bother?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

There's been talk of Vancouver keeping a second division team when they move to MLS. It'll obviously have to be a separate financial entity, but given the number of teams the Whitecaps currently run, I wouldn't be surprised.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived