Domestic Soccer 2009-10

BrySmalls

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lights have gone off in the 19th minute at the Home Depot Center and play has been halted.

Sorry JPD, those lights are metal halide, so they have to cool down before they can effectively light up.

And down they go again!

How much did they spend on that stadium, and why couldn't they get a decent fuse box?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What a turnaround for the Galaxy. From tied for dead last in the entire league in 2008 to an MLS Cup berth in 2009. Bruce Arena proving why he was named Coach of the Year, and Donovan proving why he should be MVP by scoring the goal that basically sealed the deal. I had a feeling that if this Galaxy team finally molded together like they did, they would be where they are now...and here they are, Western Conference Champs and one step away from a complete worst-to-first.

That said, lmao @ the lights going down TWICE. AEG must've forgot to pay the light bill. :P

What a turnaround for the Galaxy. From tied for dead last in the entire league in 2008 to an MLS Cup berth in 2009. Bruce Arena proving why he was named Coach of the Year, and Donovan proving why he should be MVP by scoring the goal that basically sealed the deal. I had a feeling that if this Galaxy team finally molded together like they did, they would be where they are now...and here they are, Western Conference Champs and one step away from a complete worst-to-first.

That said, lmao @ the lights going down TWICE. AEG must've forgot to pay the light bill. :P

the DC Stadium Authority mustve taken over for AEG last night :P

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So in the last two years, we've seen Red Bull New York win the West, and Real Salt Lake win the East. And I thought old NFL geography was awful!

It's not the geography, just how the playoff format has been for the last few seasons.

So in the last two years, we've seen Red Bull New York win the West, and Real Salt Lake win the East. And I thought old NFL geography was awful!

It's not the geography, just how the playoff format has been for the last few seasons.

Well, at least Salt Lake is east of Los Angeles ^_^

.. wow Real Salt Lake sneeks into the playoffs on the final week of season and is in the final :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

A few tidbits from the State of the League address:

• Praise for Seattle Sounders FC's relevance and culture in first year;
  • Collective Bargaining Agreement expires in January;
  • MLS Cup might be hosted by participate in the coming years;
  • MLS in talks with Montreal to become the 19th club - no timetable set;
  • No Single Table for the 2010 Season.

Thoughts?

Single table's never really been... er... on the table. Doubly so eliminating the playoffs.

There was definitely talk last year of changing the site of the MLS Cup final in future years to be hosted by one of the participating teams. It'll be interesting to see if they do it, as it'll be a pretty big change. You'll definitely see less supporters of other teams showing up; right now, the hosting club's supporters usually put together supporter events (DC in 2007 was awesome; ACB's stuff last year in LA was pretty lame). Apparently Seattle's going all out this year.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

MLS in talks with Montreal to become the 19th club - no timetable set;

This ought to be interesting with Montreal trying to start up their own league. Then again, this isn't surprising. Wouldn't surprise me if Montreal, Atlanta & Detroit get in to the MLS.

baltimoreravens.png

Archived