Domestic Soccer 2009-10

BrySmalls

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant see DCU faring much better sunday afternoon facing Real. if i was Soehn i wouldnt keep the starters in for more than a half, if even that. after that grueling match in El Salvador im sure the legs are worn out, and this is a great game to rest Moreno and Gomez for the majority of this match. also, if they even want a chance vs Real, they gotta play 4 in the back.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm going to be pissed as hell if Soehn plays the starters more than a couple minutes to break a sweat. Last thing we need to do is tire them out when we have a so many upcoming games.

lol. You know that they're gonna play a half at least, just to save face because the reserve team's probably gonna get ran off the field.

I will say this, I didn't expect TFC to get beat THAT badly. Of course nobody had them winning the friendly, but nobody had them losing by 4 goals. On a couple of those goals, it was basically pure class and the TFC players standing around looking at CR7 & Co. like "What the hell are we supposed to do about THAT?!"

Impressive showing by Real Madrid. They're definitely looking ready for La Liga. TFC's first team, on the other hand, looked tired from their trip to Puerto Rico earlier and were just like "Can we get back to league play please?"

I'm going to be pissed as hell if Soehn plays the starters more than a couple minutes to break a sweat. Last thing we need to do is tire them out when we have a so many upcoming games.

lol. You know that they're gonna play a half at least, just to save face because the reserve team's probably gonna get ran off the field.

I will say this, I didn't expect TFC to get beat THAT badly. Of course nobody had them winning the friendly, but nobody had them losing by 4 goals. On a couple of those goals, it was basically pure class and the TFC players standing around looking at CR7 & Co. like "What the hell are we supposed to do about THAT?!"

Impressive showing by Real Madrid. They're definitely looking ready for La Liga. TFC's first team, on the other hand, looked tired from their trip to Puerto Rico earlier and were just like "Can we get back to league play please?"

the only thing this match means to DCU is the payday theyre getting from having Real Madrid at FedEx Field. i dont think they look at it any other way. at least TFC (our next league opponent) just got done getting the crap beat out of them by Real theyll be in the same mode as we are on saturday.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Galaxy pick up a big win tonight in New England, 2-1, with New England's 1 coming on a PK with about 7 minutes left in the game. Landon Donovan's thoughts on this?

"It's unfortunate we gave up the penalty because I don't really think they deserved to score."

Greatness.

With the win, the Galaxy (as of right now) are in 2nd place in the west with 31 points, 2 points ahead of Seattle with 29 who plays RSL.

So yeah, go RSL!

Yea, I know. I'm just hoping they don't and see it only as some extra cash and practice for the reserves. We have played enough international games over the years that this shouldn't be anything else but that.

MLS: Setting the Table

A cool website that shows MLS standings in single-table form. They also keep track of a team's week-to-week results graph-style on a chart.

Seattle as an example.

Helped me understand qualification for SuperLiga, CCL, & the playoffs in general as a n00b who was confused last season as to just how NYRB made the playoffs. lol.

A cool website that shows MLS standings in single-table form. They also keep track of a team's week-to-week results graph-style on a chart.

Seattle as an example.

Helped me understand qualification for SuperLiga, CCL, & the playoffs in general as a n00b who was confused last season as to just how NYRB made the playoffs. lol.

Ah yes, it's quite an amazing website. I also like this one: Sports Club Stats.

:lol: at RBNY

Seattle as an example.

Ah yes, it's quite an amazing website. I also like this one: Sports Club Stats.

:lol: at RBNY

well, at least theyre consistent lol

Adding insult to injury, Landon Donovan has H1N1.

goodtimes.jpg

DAMN DAMN DAMN

:censored: the US is screwed.

And unless Buddle & Eskandarian can come back and stay healthy, the Galaxy are screwed as well because he's one of the only guys on the team that can finish well other than the two guys that I just mentioned. Double whammy.

Get well soon, El Capitan.

Updated playoff picture:

Eastern Berths

Columbus 39 points

Chicago 35

Western Berths

Houston 39

Seattle 32

At-Large Berths

Los Angeles 31

Toronto 30

Colorado 30

Chivas USA 30

-----------

D.C. United 28

Real Salt Lake 27

New England 24

Dallas 23

Kansas City 21

San Jose 17

New York 10

Updated playoff picture:

Eastern Berths

Columbus 39 points

Chicago 35

Western Berths

Houston 39

Seattle 32

At-Large Berths

Los Angeles 31

Toronto 30

Colorado 30

Chivas USA 30

-----------

D.C. United 28

Real Salt Lake 27

New England 24

Dallas 23

Kansas City 21

San Jose 17

New York 10

It's crazy how much of a logjam there is for those at-large berths, especially in the west. Every game is going to be a crucial one from here on out, methinks.

A Beckham-less L.A. Galaxy soundly beat the Chicago Fire last night 2-0 at Toyota Park. The Man of the Match was Mike Magee who had a goal and assisted on Landon Donovan's 10th goal of the year. From what I've seen, much to my chagrin, the Galaxy are legit and will definitely be an obstacle to overcome in the playoffs.

I am stoked to be going to the L.A. Galaxy - DC United clash on Saturday!

I think most of that was due to the Fire currently spinning their wheels in the mud as a team. IIRC, last week they had a locker room fight, and most of their crucial defense & midfield has been absolutely decimated by defense. So as much as I'd like to say that the Galaxy were really impressive, it was more of them not giving the Fire a chance to revitalize themselves. Still a solid win, & Donovan continues to play some excellent football in the MLS.

Hopefully it continues with a similarly-struggling DC United side. Beckham will be back and sending beautiful passes to the strikers, and hopefully Buddle & "The Price is Right" Eskandarian can return as well. Once this team can field a full-strength attack, they're going to be scary.

Archived