Domestic Soccer 2009-10

BrySmalls

http://www.usopencup.com/ reports the score of both games as 2-1.

Final is on September 2, 7:30pm Eastern at RFK Stadium in DC. The game will be broadcast on Fox Soccer Channel.

I'm awfully surprised that no one's said anything about the Beckham vs LA Riot Squad shenanigans. I think I have to side with LARS on this one (except for the guy who jumped out of the stands, that was kinda dumb, even if Beckham taunted him by telling him to "come down here").

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMNSFHO, if he's invited onto the field, then he can't be arrested for trespassing.

Not that this has anything to do with the MLS, but is Beckham a Scientologist yet? Or is he holding on to Anglican status?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

IMNSFHO, if he's invited onto the field, then he can't be arrested for trespassing.

Not that this has anything to do with the MLS, but is Beckham a Scientologist yet? Or is he holding on to Anglican status?

Ya know who is the bigger :censored: out of all of this, that would be Landon Donovan (surprised?). I don't want to fathom what he had to do to get back on Beckham's "good" side again even after his comments in the book.

I think United's gonna be the first team to repeat in the MLS-era of the Open. Should be a great game though, from the highlights of their initial regular season game, they really tore it up. Can't wait to see it.

And yeah, Beckham DEFINITELY :censored:ed up by trying to go over to the Riot Squad like that. He should've known damn well that of all the fans in that stadium that are crazy enough to do what that one fan did, it'd be those guys in section 138. Him going over to the corner was basically asking for it on Becks' part. The best way to get those guys back on his side would've been to just give great effort and let his play on the field do the talking. He would've done that, but he basically antagonized LARS and, IMO, got what was coming to him.

I think it'll be alright though. If the Galaxy keep on playing solid football like they are right now, there should be much less of a negative tone by the time that they return to the HDC in mid-August. Half because from what I've read, some of the fans won't be as negative during a game that actually counts, and half because the Galaxy may be at the top of the West by then. Either way, I think this situation will blow over as long as Beckham continues to play hard, give max effort for the Galaxy and doesn't try to flirt with Milan via the media.

Btw, I just got back from the Club America-AC Milan game. Even though it was just a preseason game, it was GREAT. Pretty awesome. Definitely a top-5 sporting event in my life for me.

Dude, you went? Lucky. I knew some people that went, but I didn't have the money for tix.

Me neither. I got lucky that a friend of the family gave their tickets away. So yeah, I feel lucky as hell that I even got to go.

The question of the moment: Is Seattle a pretty decent expansion team, or is RBNY just that damned bad?
I'm going to go out on a limb already and say NY is going to finish in the cellar. There is no way they do anything with that defense.
I can't see Seattle finishing above second last. Sure it was a great display, but their defence is bad, I mean worse than Toronto bad.

Well, after watching Seattle v Chicago and Colorado v New York, it seemed like a good time to revisit these quotes.

Seems like Seattle is a pretty decent team, not just a decent expansion team. 7-4-8 and second in the West (behind Houston) isn't too shabby at all.

As for New York... they're just that bad. Another dismantling, 4-0 at the hands of the Rapids. Saturn was dead on.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I went to the Seattle/Chicago game yesterday. It was my first MLS experience, we had awesome seats (middle of the field, three rows up) and the pace of play is so much different at the game versus on TV. I'd happily go again.

I don't know how to judge who is good and who is bad, but MLS needs to crack down on diving. This guy Blanco (who I guess is a big deal?) would fall on the ground grabbing his knees every time he was touched. It got to be comical after a while, but he kept on getting calls from the refs. Seeing it so many times makes the sport seems more like little league than big leagues.

But, certainly if MLS can continue Seattle-like success, I'd be happy to go to more games both here and in other arenas.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Single Table Standings

Positioning for the post-season will become a lot more clearer heading into August and September. As of now, nine clubs are within six points of each other, with Toronto currently the odd-man out for the playoffs. While looking at the standings, it's obvious which clubs should be in the "future is now" mode or just blow up the entire roster and start over. We're currently witnessing the worst club ever in New York, and on the positive side, a also a very good expansion club in Seattle. Anything is possible in the second half, but is this the year the Galaxy win the championship :P?

Don't understand soccer, don't particularly care for it for a variety of reasons, but I've attended several live games, and watch it when it's on, in hopes that I learn something that makes me enjoy it more. I want to like it, I just don't get it.

Anyway, caught some of the Seattle / Chicago game on Saturday. Seattle is officially my favorite soccer team in the entire world now. Those uniforms are absolutely fantastic, and the way they dress up the stadium for the game is awesome. Loved the video board thingies near the field level. The whole thing looked so cool, I kind of wish I was able to go to something like that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't understand soccer, don't particularly care for it for a variety of reasons, but I've attended several live games, and watch it when it's on, in hopes that I learn something that makes me enjoy it more. I want to like it, I just don't get it.

Anyway, caught some of the Seattle / Chicago game on Saturday. Seattle is officially my favorite soccer team in the entire world now. Those uniforms are absolutely fantastic, and the way they dress up the stadium for the game is awesome. Loved the video board thingies near the field level. The whole thing looked so cool, I kind of wish I was able to go to something like that.

There are people here in town with that same wish.

I went to the Seattle/Chicago game yesterday. It was my first MLS experience, we had awesome seats (middle of the field, three rows up) and the pace of play is so much different at the game versus on TV. I'd happily go again.

I don't know how to judge who is good and who is bad, but MLS needs to crack down on diving. This guy Blanco (who I guess is a big deal?) would fall on the ground grabbing his knees every time he was touched. It got to be comical after a while, but he kept on getting calls from the refs. Seeing it so many times makes the sport seems more like little league than big leagues.

But, certainly if MLS can continue Seattle-like success, I'd be happy to go to more games both here and in other arenas.

Blanco was one of those guys who came over via the Designated Player Rule. But, from what I've heard he's a total jerkass and likes to play dirty. I don't know if that has changed over the years, but that's what I know about him.

MLS is set to make an announcement today. No one knows what it's gonna be, but speculation is saying either; single table next season, Montreal expansion or a new CBA.

Or who the MLS All-Stars will face next year in the All-Star Match.

As far as the MLS All-Star Game is concerned...everybody's expecting a big MLS win, right? I mean, look at this roster.

Link

Should be a fun game to watch, though.

Also, I can't wait for this "mystery announcement" from Garber. Honestly I hope it's either single table or new CBA.

Archived