Kirk Hinrich: The Hamburglar

TFoA

It does get pretty damn loud at the UC when the Bulls reach 100, but this is ridiculous. I would think the fans would have recognized the fact that the bulls are climbing up the standings. Only 1 game behind detroit.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The only reason the Illini's 38-33 loss to Penn State bothered me was because the Illini played so bad. I loved the defense.

As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

Okay, let's not go insulting levels of basketball knowledge.

If really describing that game in more than a line, then yes, both teams shot like crap. But the defense was also superb. The teams could have shot 50% and finished with scores in the 60s.

That game maybe wasn't the best example, but the Big Ten does have great defense.

Of course, part of the other reason the scores are so low is that they play very patiently and run down the shot-clock.

Another reason is that the Big Ten sucks.

I don't know why everyone is so pleased with Hinrich here. This is kind of a dangerous ethical grey area. I don't like the promotion either (mostly because I have never cared for the Big Mac, neither the burger nor the Cardinal), but I really don't like the idea of missing a shot to save somebody's money.

the bulls are climbing up the standings. Only 1 game behind detroit.

That the Bulls are better than six teams in the East is just harrowing. I'm sorry, but what a pile of crap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Everyone gets free Mrs. Winner's biscuits if UNC scores 100 at a home game. It's a hit with the college kids.

Mrs. Winner? We always got Bojangles.

I like it for a college game, because even with a high-scoring team like UNC, it's a fairly rare occurrence. Plus, the 100th point is usually scored by a walk-on, which helps them get some well-deserved cheers. But for the NBA, where teams can routinely score 100 and lose? Pretty dumb.

You're right. Got 'em mixed up.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

So here's the deal: The Chicago Bulls run a promotion where if the Bulls score 100 points, everybody in the building gets a free Big Mac. And the thing is, the fans cheer louder for the big macs than they do for the actual game.

Apparently Kirk Hinrich (and the rest of the Bulls since Tyrus Thomas came up to Kirk and whispered something in his ear before he clanked the FT) is sick of that, and decided to stick it to the fans by clanking a FT and feigning a 3 pointer at the end of the game.

It was hilarious. I really hate these whole "If we score 100, free stuff!" A way better thing would be if people got free stuff for holding the OTHER team to LESS than 100. That'd be reason to cheer.

Well, I guess either way, people will have a beef.

I saw, I came, I left.

As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

PotD.

Scoring 100 points in the pros is nothing and I agree that that's ridiculous. Good on Heinrich for sticking it to the fans.

Now, Abner's Cheesesteaks gives out free Cheesesteaks when either Penn, Drexel, or St. Joe's tops 100. That's only been done a handful of times, if any. Now that's a much better promotion.

philly.png

PotD.

Scoring 100 points in the pros is nothing and I agree that that's ridiculous. Good on Heinrich for sticking it to the fans.

Now, Abner's Cheesesteaks gives out free Cheesesteaks when either Penn, Drexel, or St. Joe's tops 100. That's only been done a handful of times, if any. Now that's a much better promotion.

Not only that, but when you're done your cheesesteak, you can drop by Club Wizards for a little... desert.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

PotD.

Not only that, but when you're done your cheesesteak, you can drop by Club Wizards for a little... desert.

Time to update your signature.....

"There are two S's in 'dessert'."

PotD.

Time to update your signature.....

"There are two S's in 'dessert'."

Actually, it's very dry in there, and it never rains inside, so it's a desert. I stand by my post.

B)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not nothing. Have you seen how many terrible jump shots Tyrus Thomas takes? If they can notch 100 in spite of that doofus, the spectators who are subject to that are perfectly entitled to bad hamburgers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Going back REALLY far, the NEW ORLEANS Jazz used to have a deal that you could get free fries at Burger King if they won and scored 110 pts.

Mind you, this was in the 70s, before the 3 pt. shot was in place in the NBA.

The Hornets now have a deal with Popeyes that if they win and score 100 or more, you get a free chicken wrap.

It is what it is.

It's not nothing. Have you seen how many terrible jump shots Tyrus Thomas takes? If they can notch 100 in spite of that doofus, the spectators who are subject to that are perfectly entitled to bad hamburgers.

They average 101 a game. It's nothing for them.

They average 101 a game. It's nothing for them.

Haha, yeah, the bulls can put up some points, its really their defense that screws them over...and tyrus' shot.....and gordon's ballhandling.....and Vinny del negro's hair

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I guess it's not about winning or losing, it's about giving the fans a free Big Mac.

I know this isn't the first time that kind of schtick has been used. I remember the Mavericks doing this kind of deal as well except it was burritos or something like that if they scored 100 or more.

if i remember correctly it was free chalupas if dallas cracked 100.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived