2010 World Cup Qualifying

TFoA

Extra time in Paris.

What is the rule for qualification as regard to extra time and away goals? If it is tied after extra's is away goals applied again or does it go straight to penalties? For instance if both Ireland and France score 1 goal in this 30 minutes would it go to pk's or would Ireland be declared the playoff winner on away goals (They would hold a 2-1 advantage there in that situation)?

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extra time in Paris.

What is the rule for qualification as regard to extra time and away goals? If it is tied after extra's is away goals applied again or does it go straight to penalties? For instance if both Ireland and France score 1 goal in this 30 minutes would it go to pk's or would Ireland be declared the playoff winner on away goals (They would hold a 2-1 advantage there in that situation)?

Put simply, if the teams score an equal number of goals, the visiting team advances. If neither team scores, then it goes to the shootout.

LvZYtbZ.png

Extra time in Paris.

Put simply, if the teams score an equal number of goals, the visiting team advances. If neither team scores, then it goes to the shootout.

Thanks that was what I was wondering. I know different confederations have different rules for that and I wasn't sure if FIFA had rules that trumped those for qualification.

And France was offside. Still no score in the extras.

Archived