2010 World Cup Qualifying

TFoA

Dia, le do thoil fu-k na Fraince. Gráin agam ort, An Fhrainc. Meiriceá gráins tú. An Ghearmáin gráins tú. TSuca mo bleachtaire agus póg mo asal, An Fhrainc!

...and i'm really not likeing you right now, Breakwood.

Not one bit...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have fun with another Group Stage exit France.

QFT

france98_3154_full-lnd.jpg

zidane-headbutt.jpg

I had to sorry :P Although I was pulling for the French that day.

Well at least it happened in the Finals...There's no shame in losing in penalties in the World Cup Final.

When something like that happens, shame and ridicule is all you're left with.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

QFT

zidane-headbutt.jpg

Well at least it happened in the Finals...There's no shame in losing in penalties in the World Cup Final.

You wish. When you prove that you're one of the best footballing nations in the world, and the only reason you're not world champions is penalty kicks, nothing can take that away from you.

1zqy8ok.gif

QFT

zidane-headbutt.jpg

You wish. When you prove that you're one of the best footballing nations in the world, and the only reason you're not world champions is penalty kicks, nothing can take that away from you.

Aren't you Canadian? What is this we stuff in regards to France?

QFT

zidane-headbutt.jpg

Aren't you Canadian? What is this we stuff in regards to France?

Who said we?

...and to give some background, I'm French Canadian of French and Irish background. I would've liked to see Ireland qualify, just never at the expense of France.

1zqy8ok.gif

QFT

zidane-headbutt.jpg

Maybe... except for your best PKer making an absolute fool of himself in front of a worldwide audience.

I can guarantee that the only people not looking on that game as an embarrassment and a perpetual joke are blind French supporters like yourself.

Hell, Italy isn't even going to be remembered years from now as winning that World Cup. All that will be remembered is that Zidane made a fool of himself for the world.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

:censored:... is there video anywhere of the French goal? I missed the match, but just reading I am already pissed.

I'm sure sportscenter will have the highlight in a few minutes (as they said they would have World Cup highlights). If not try espnsoccernet.com. If not there sky sports site should at least have it.

Makes up for the horrible non-call when Given grabbed the ankle of Anelka.

What is a non-call? As an offical (in any sport, not just soccer/football) you either choose to make the call or you don't. You can't make a non-call.

And when you don't make the call it's a non-call.

No, you either choose to make the call or you don't.

Alright, from what Ive surmised on Twitter, there was some hilariously bad officiating on the goal that will possibly send ...just saw the highlights on SportsCenter, OH MY GOD, THE IRISH GOT SCREWED.

1) Offside. OBVIOUS offside.

2) May have been a handball BEFORE Henry's

3) Henry would've been called for a carry in freaking basketball. Amazingly obvious handball.

At least two obvious calls against the French and nothing was called. Wow. That's terrible, just terrible. That is a :censored:in mess right there. Henry seemed thrilled that he had got away with it.

QFT

zidane-headbutt.jpg

Maybe... except for your best PKer making an absolute fool of himself in front of a worldwide audience.

I can guarantee that the only people not looking on that game as an embarrassment and a perpetual joke are blind French supporters like yourself.

Hell, Italy isn't even going to be remembered years from now as winning that World Cup. All that will be remembered is that Zidane made a fool of himself for the world.

"Best PKer"? David Trezuget was the player that missed his penalty kick. Zidane's presence doesn't mean that Trezuget would score. Zidane's presence would only push Trezuget from the 2nd penalty taker, to the 3rd. If he misses again, and Italy make all theirs, Italy still wins.

I'm not going to argue that people are going to remember the 2006 final because of Zidane's action. It doesn't bother me, because I know better than to judge an entire team on one moment of one players career.

1zqy8ok.gif

Alright, from what Ive surmised on Twitter, there was some hilariously bad officiating on the goal that will possibly send ...just saw the highlights on SportsCenter, OH MY GOD, THE IRISH GOT SCREWED.

1) Offside. OBVIOUS offside.

2) May have been a handball BEFORE Henry's

3) Henry would've been called for a carry in freaking basketball. Amazingly obvious handball.

At least two obvious calls against the French and nothing was called. Wow. That's terrible, just terrible. That is a :censored:in mess right there. Henry seemed thrilled that he had got away with it.

Yes, the handball played a big part in the French goal, but it is not why Ireland lost. If Ireland can score at any other point in the game, it might not come down to a handball in extra time.

What is a non-call? As an offical (in any sport, not just soccer/football) you either choose to make the call or you don't. You can't make a non-call.

Non- : A prefix meaning not

Call : A decision

Non-Call = Not called.

Therefore when Given grabbed Anelka it was a non-call.

1zqy8ok.gif

Non- : A prefix meaning not

Call : A decision

Non-Call = Not called.

Therefore when Given grabbed Anelka it was a non-call.

To me, when someone says non-call, it is typically an announcer or someone else who is trying to overanalyze or overexplain something.

We don't agree on the terminology; I feel the proper way to phrase it would be "did not make the call" and perhaps both of us are correct.

Archived