2010 World Cup Qualifying

TFoA

So next Wednesday we will finally know who will be playing in South Africa next summer.

11/14-11/18 in Europe

Ireland v France

Portugal v Bosnia and Herzegovina

Greece v Ukraine

Russia v Slovenia

11/18 5th place AFC v OFC Winner

New Zealand v Bahrain in Wellington 1st game ended 0-0

11/14-11/18 CONCACAF 4th place v CONMEBOL 5th place

Costa Rica v Uruguay.

The draw for all the groupings will take place on Friday, December 4th

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just goes to show you, Oceania was not a one trick pony.

It's not like New Zealand had to beat world powers in football. Here was the All Whites road to South Africa

2-0 win vs. Fiji

2-1 win vs. Vanuatu

4-1 win vs. Vanuatu

3-1 win vs. New Caladonia

3-0 win vs. New Caladonia

2-0 loss vs. Fiji

0-0 draw vs. Bahrain

1-0 win vs. Bahrain

Really? A team deserves to be in the World Cup after that?

1zqy8ok.gif

Just like Australia did

In Africa

- Nigeria is in after Newcastle striker Obfemi Martins scores two in the second half.

- All Cameroon has to do is hold on to their 2-0 lead against Morocco and they are in.

- And later on the hated rivalry that is Algeria v Egypt the winner will advance to South Africa.

- And later on the hated rivalry that is Algeria v Egypt the winner will advance to South Africa.

Not necessarily, if Egypt win 2-0, they will be even on every single tiebreaker, and the two teams will play Wednesday in a one game playoff, but any other scoreline and the winner is through

Not necessarily, if Egypt win 2-0, they will be even on every single tiebreaker, and the two teams will play Wednesday in a one game playoff, but any other scoreline and the winner is through

My mistake well let's win 3-0 then.

What, you want them to move the country so they play against "more deserving" teams?

I want them to merge the OFC with the AFC. So New Zealand can prove their worth playing Japan, Korea, Australia, Iran, etc.

Funny you mention Australia, as what NEP said, that is exactly what they did. As much as I agree with the merging, probably to the style of a CONCACAF format (at least amongst the lesser football nations), can we please see how the Kiwis perform at the World Cup to demand change to the format?

What, you want them to move the country so they play against "more deserving" teams?

I want them to merge the OFC with the AFC. So New Zealand can prove their worth playing Japan, Korea, Australia, Iran, etc.

Funny you mention Australia, as what NEP said, that is exactly what they did. As much as I agree with the merging, probably to the style of a CONCACAF format (at least amongst the lesser football nations), can we please see how the Kiwis perform at the World Cup to demand change to the format?

That's my point. Australia realized they werent doing themselves any favours beating up on Tahiti and the Cook Islands, so they moved to the AFC. It's not only New Zealand that will benefit. The small island nations can take on the likes of Guam, Maldives, Macau, etc.

1zqy8ok.gif

That's my point. Australia realized they werent doing themselves any favours beating up on Tahiti and the Cook Islands, so they moved to the AFC. It's not only New Zealand that will benefit. The small island nations can take on the likes of Guam, Maldives, Macau, etc.

But do we still give the OFC a shot at the World Cup the Kiwi's are practically keeping that federation alive.

But do we still give the OFC a shot at the World Cup the Kiwi's are practically keeping that federation alive.
You have to still, IMO, because you can't just say "oh, you're not good enough for World Cup consideration just for where you are."

LvZYtbZ.png

I'm saying that the OFC should merge with the AFC.

1zqy8ok.gif

You have to still, IMO, because you can't just say "oh, you're not good enough for World Cup consideration just for where you are."

Precisely!

Archived