2009 MLB Preview

NJTank

But do you like the retro logos

I've never been a fan of the "retro" craze, but it's nice touch for those who like them. You probably should have gone all the way even if the Expos are no longer around and you could have used the original Devil Rays logo

I saw, I came, I left.

But do you like the retro logos

I've never been a fan of the "retro" craze, but it's nice touch for those who like them. You probably should have gone all the way even if the Expos are no longer around and you could have used the original Devil Rays logo

I was torn by those two, but I decided the name changes against it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Nice call on the Rangers so far. <_<

If I may be so bold, the Texas Rangers remind me of Happy Gilmore. Once they find their pitching (putting) happy place, they can't be beaten.

And I'm pleasantly surprised by Elvis Andrus this season.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Even in today's environment, trying to name who will lose their job is a bit much. For my other comments:

1-Not your fault, but the day you post the thread for us, Justin Duchscherer was placed on the 15-day DL; plus David Price is in the minors and was sent down in late March.

2-Most of your comments are very offense ladened. Little talk about pitching staffs and defense. A starting pitcher is named, but they cannot strike everyone out, the defense counts more than you list. The Rangers also have been top 3 in errors teh past two seasons. They make more errors, thus they give up more runs.

3-Name names.

a.) You failed to name an active Met, Phillie, or D-Back!

b.) You could have done a better job if incorporating your awards into the paragraphs of expectations.

Well SI picked the Mets too.

They sure haven't picked them winning for 4 years running. :P

Sometimes I agree with your picks. This year I REALLY don't agree with your picks. But I still enjoyed it like I normally do.

Well SI picked the Mets too.

As for David Price, the Rays sent Longoria down too, and he was called up before May and the rest is history.

SI.com is not the topic. Your page an its analysis is the topic.

You wanted opinions and people to give them and try to deflect some of your research, if you gave us any to comment on; e.g. Pirates, White Sox and Rangers.

Therefore, you made your page well before you told us at CCSL that it was up? Look around to get the info or change it if you want it accurate. As for David Price and other Rays, I thought this was a 2009 preview, not a review on previous years and what team did with one player. If that is the case with Longoria, you failed to talk about his contract and why they Tampa gave him such a contract so early.

I think you can talk about how great a defensive player some people are. And I think you can include Carlos Beltran with that.

After hearing Buck S., talking about turfs cut and other advantages on "Baseball Tonight", how can one not think that MLB games are not rigged for the home team. He basically told one of the "untold rules" of baseball. He just needs to break the "4th Wall" and with Rob Dibble give it all away (outside of performance enhancing drugs...we can see the Mitchell Report).

The comment on the Pirates. If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

I really do enjoy reading your stuff. But looking over this years, and the last three, it just seems to be Mets Mets and more Mets. I don't blame you, I just see a trend. However, you did accurately predict the Braves run being over in 2006 :)

I was shocked, shocked to see a Subway Series predicted here.

My picks:

AL East: Boston

AL Central: Cleveland

AL West: LAnaheim

AL Wild Card: Minnesota

NL East: Phillies

NL Central: Cubs

NL West: Dodgers

NL Wild Card: Cardinals

World Series: Red Sox over Dodgers.

Why do you hate Aaron Heilman so much? The way the Cubs paragraph was written, it seemed like Aaron Heilman was a big-name acquisition for the closer job, but he's a starter coming out of the bullpen. He wasnt even considered for a closing role.

In general, I could agree with the pick of the Mets to win it all, but looking at the past few years of your predictions, its kinda ridiculous

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Time to help you out:

Texas Rangers- Victor Rojas is now with the MLB Network. Dave Barnett now works with Eric Nadel.

Oakland-

Radio: KFRC is out. The new flagship station is KTRB 860 AM.

TV: The cable home for them is Comcast SportsNet California. A different station from Comcast SportsNet Bay Area.

Stadium: McAfee dropped sponsorship midway through the Radiers season, so it is back to Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum.

SF Giants:

TV: Change Fox Sports Bay Area to Comcast Sports Net Bay Area and KNTV (Ch. 11-NBC) is the broadcast TV home.

Why do you hate Aaron Heilman so much? The way the Cubs paragraph was written, it seemed like Aaron Heilman was a big-name acquisition for the closer job, but he's a starter coming out of the bullpen. He wasnt even considered for a closing role.

In general, I could agree with the pick of the Mets to win it all, but looking at the past few years of your predictions, its kinda ridiculous

Ask me at the end of the year, you will know.

I just can't stand the guy, he destroys bullpens.

Dwfabel thanks for the help as a I get to those teams in my updates I'll make the changes.

PS Victor Rojas about 8 years ago was doing Newark Bears games. Hard to believe he is now national.

Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum.

That is FANTASTIC NEWS

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Love the retro logos Tank. I think you should have added Eric Wedge to the managers who will be fired list. And no way do the Indians finish second. They'll be lucky to finish third in that division and based on their pitching so far I don't see that happening.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Archived