Birdland Stimulus Package

leopard88

This is the logo for the Orioles' series of ticket promotions (ex., free ticket during your birthday month, two free childrens' tickets for each adult ticket on Thursday nights). I think it is pretty clever and whimsical, which is exactly what this kind of logo should be.

Birdland_Stimulus_Package_Seal.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

That's great!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Birdland_Stimulus_Package_Seal.jpg

That's terrific. Oughta use that as the basis for new shoulder patches to better integrate the Maryland flag.

Yet another in a series of examples since the end of the 2008 season of the Orioles out-classing the Nationals. I'm not sure what they've done with Mr. Angelos, who's about the least classy owner in the history of baseball, but lately the O's are just hitting all the right notes while the Nationals are doing a very convincing imitation of Angelosian decisionmaking.

20082614447.png

I'm not sure what they've done with Mr. Angelos, who's about the least classy owner in the history of baseball, but lately the O's are just hitting all the right notes while the Nationals are doing a very convincing imitation of Angelosian decisionmaking.

I'm a little puzzled too. It's seems as if Andy MacPhail has dispatched Angelos to a Cheney-like "undisclosed location", however he is not letting Angelos pull the strings from said bunker. Now, if the Orioles can only end the search for a suitable, permanent spring training home.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Then why is it that the Orioles feel the need to include Opening Day in a SIX-game plan ... a plan that how includes FREE tickets to a Yankees or Red Sox game, and then four more to any game of your choosing?

I didn't think "desperate" was included in the basic definition of "class."

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I second DP on this one.

Very nice promotion, and that logo is simply beautiful. Tongue in cheek, but professional. I love it.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

I'm not sure what they've done with Mr. Angelos, who's about the least classy owner in the history of baseball, but lately the O's are just hitting all the right notes while the Nationals are doing a very convincing imitation of Angelosian decisionmaking.

I'm a little puzzled too. It's seems as if Andy MacPhail has dispatched Angelos to a Cheney-like "undisclosed location", however he is not letting Angelos pull the strings from said bunker. Now, if the Orioles can only end the search for a suitable, permanent spring training home.

I really think that fan protest at the end of 2006 embarrased Angelos. After that he decided to hand the controls to someone he trusted and step back. The team has changed alot in the past year.

I really think that fan protest at the end of 2006 embarrased Angelos. After that he decided to hand the controls to someone he trusted and step back. The team has changed alot in the past year.

That would more or less coincide with the hiring of Andy MacPhail. Maybe Angelos made the decision in 2006, but didn't find the person he trusted until the middle of 2007, when he hired MacPhail. Whatever the reason, things do seem to have changed for the better in Birdland.

I just want my free ticket, regardless of what logo they use. :P

Then go to the website and sign up for the birthday tickets. Maybe you can also find some kids around somewhere for the Thursday night tickets.

Archived