Flo-. excuse me, MIAMI Marlins Rebrand

logocruncher

***NEW HOME ALTERNATE***

Okay...I was planning on drawing this out a little more, waiting for more stuff on my Blue Jays concept. But instead, I'll give it to y'all on Easter! Think of it as an Easter present (do people even give Easter presents?). Back on topic. I've got a new look for the Marlins, with the same colors but a totally rejuvenated uniform and logo style. Here goes...

LOGOS

I kept the primary basically the same, just simplified the marlin a bit and changed coloration and font. The cap logo (don't worry, it's not a white cap. I just put it on a white background) is a stylized M in the same style as the wordmarks, with a mini-tail. The wordmarks are totally redone; not much else to say.

Primary Logo

Cap Logo

Home Wordmark

Road Wordmark

Uniforms: Kept it pretty simple here, with the wordmark on the chest and basic piping. I tried to keep a nice balance between teal and black. Personally, I'm not so sure about the road alt, but I'll see what you guys think. I might end up adding the primary as a sleeve patch.

Home Primary Uniform

Home Alternate Uniform

Road Primary Uniform

Road Alternate Uniform

BP Uniform

Once again, thanks to Bucco for his uniform template, and enjoy! C&C is welcome and appreciated.

scotland_fifasig.png

Yet another great concept from you. I'm really liking the new primary with that new wordmark. The cap logo looks pretty good, but I wish you could include the marlin in there. The unis are nice, I guess there's not much else to say. Good job!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Thank you for the comments so far. I just realized that my cap logo and the Twins are incredibly similar. Sorry. Maybe if I got rid of the tail, it would help. I'll get to the Twins soon, and they won't be using that cap logo (the TC one will be used instead in my MLB), but I'll see what I can do to change it up but keep the inividuality.

scotland_fifasig.png

Thank you for the comments so far. I just realized that my cap logo and the Twins are incredibly similar. Sorry. Maybe if I got rid of the tail, it would help. I'll get to the Twins soon, and they won't be using that cap logo (the TC one will be used instead in my MLB), but I'll see what I can do to change it up but keep the inividuality.

I don't really see a problem with using the Twins away logo, cause it does fit the Fish (and I like the TC logo better anyway, and think that the Twins should use it for both sets). Besides, it's your concept, so you do what you want with it :) . Didn't mean to sound demeaning or anything...just noticed the similarity, and wanted to make sure you were aware of it.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The underline on the wordmarks is Twins-esque also. But it is unique enough in that in underlines the whole word, so it could fly. Otherwise, this looks awesome. The only thing I don't like too much is the home alternate. Maybe try teal sleeves or a black wordmark, because they kind of clash as it is right now.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

BJBerthiaume, I know what you mean. I was trying to balance out the teal and black, but I guess that the black undersleeves would contrast a little too sharply with the rest of the set. That said, I think teal undersleeves wouldn't look too hot themselves. Maybe I should just go with a normal sleeved jersey? And burgundyskins, that might work. I'll try it out and post it a little later. Still fishing for more C&C, though...

scotland_fifasig.png

BJBerthiaume, I know what you mean. I was trying to balance out the teal and black, but I guess that the black undersleeves would contrast a little too sharply with the rest of the set. That said, I think teal undersleeves wouldn't look too hot themselves. Maybe I should just go with a normal sleeved jersey? And burgundyskins, that might work. I'll try it out and post it a little later. Still fishing for more C&C, though...

Yeah, you should definately go with a sleeved shirt for the home alternate. The Marlins don't look too hot in vests.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I know this has been said before, but I really hope you consider downloading some of the free open source graphics programs and go back and digitally recreate all of these. You have some good stuff, and that would just make it better.

Thank you very much for all the C&C. It really helps to get such good responses, and helpful suggestions to boot. I've made the home alternate a normal sleeved jersey instead of a vest (the updated jersey is in the first post), and I tried changing the logo to make it less Twins-cap-logo-like. Unfortunately, none of them really worked. They all ended up looking forced, and didn't match the jersey scripts, so I kept the cap logo the same. Hopefully the typeface and colors will deter any possible logo confusion. As for getting a graphics program, I've downloaded the Illustrator 30-day trial, but this is my second time around with the trial and I won't be able to use it again. I even used the incredibly helpful "Learn Illustrator In 30 Days" site, but I'm just finding it really hard to get a grasp on. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get the hang of it. Inkscape is the same.

scotland_fifasig.png

Keep at it. It took me a while to get used to Illustrator. I was really excited to get it, but gave up on it pretty quickly. I then went back to just using Photoshop since I already had some experience with it. One day I got back into Illustrator and haven't looked back since. Sometimes it just takes a great deal of motivation.

Honestly, I just downloaded Inkscape for the first time today, and I do have to say that it is a bit different from Illustrator, but I was also very impressed. It has most of the same basic features, just not some of the more advanced ones. I'd be willing to bet that if your really serious about learning Inkscape, GBM would be willing to help you out. Just be patient with it.

Thank you very much for all the C&C. It really helps to get such good responses, and helpful suggestions to boot. I've made the home alternate a normal sleeved jersey instead of a vest (the updated jersey is in the first post), and I tried changing the logo to make it less Twins-cap-logo-like. Unfortunately, none of them really worked. They all ended up looking forced, and didn't match the jersey scripts, so I kept the cap logo the same. Hopefully the typeface and colors will deter any possible logo confusion. As for getting a graphics program, I've downloaded the Illustrator 30-day trial, but this is my second time around with the trial and I won't be able to use it again. I even used the incredibly helpful "Learn Illustrator In 30 Days" site, but I'm just finding it really hard to get a grasp on. I'm not sure why, but I just can't get the hang of it. Inkscape is the same.

hey, download paint.NET, it's free and very easy to use. it has a lot of features and the layout is simple! you have a unique concept here, and while I am not a big fan of the wordmark, it is your concept and that's how you want to do it. I bet I'd like it more if it was enhanced with the aid of a computer...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

Archived