MLB 125th Anniversary Patch

Sodboy13

I recently bought a '95 Brewers jersey on eBay, and am in the process of making it into a '94 jersey. I have the 25th Brewers patch for the left sleeve, but in looking for the MLB 125th patch for the right sleeve. I've come across two version of it, strangely:

17d9_1.JPG

8ab6_1.JPG

So, which one actually appeared on jerseys, or did it vary from team to team? (I might eventually decide to go with the top one, regardless, just because I like the look of it better. But still, there's something to be said for authenticity.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A 1995 baseball card, which should depict a 1994 jersey:

1995%20topps%20cards_NEW.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Like the thread on the other board says, the "Professional Baseball" version was used in the minor leagues.

The one without is for the Majors.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I recently bought a '95 Brewers jersey on eBay, and am in the process of making it into a '94 jersey.

Why would you want to do that? 1994 was the absolute worst year for baseball. Ever. Whenever I see that patch, I cringe because I know what eventually happened (and didn't happen) that season.

Hell, the whole year 1994 has an asterisk for me because of the strike.

I seem to remember that the Reds wore a different patch that had a picture of their first team back in 1869.

That is correct. They were the only ones that wore a different patch.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived