Modernized Blackhawks Concept

oz615

I really like the updated logo, except for the way it's split at the bottom... maybe have it just go in one direction rather than two points on the left and right.

Also, I would try a different look for the stripes.... the curves don't work at all IMO. Maybe just keep 'em straight...

Otherwise, very good work, indeed.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

its a good concept, there are always uphill battles when doing concepts for the Origonal Six. It stays pretty consistent with the theme of what they have now, the curved striping is an interesting addition. It's pretty good

Well, I'd vote no. But I admire the effort and the balls to try it.

I've been intrigued for a long time about what an update to the Hawks will look like. It will happen someday, most likely when equipment or materials force a slight mod.

I think the most successful would be reminiscent of maybe how the Lakers shifted. Nearly the same, but cleaner and more modern.

Good jorb though.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I've been intrigued for a long time about what an update to the Hawks will look like. It will happen someday, most likely when equipment or materials force a slight mod.

I think the most successful would be reminiscent of maybe how the Lakers shifted. Nearly the same, but cleaner and more modern.

I disagree, and let us hope that never happens....anyway I have to say as a Chitowner and lover of tradition that I hate this update, but again nice execution. i just don't think they could ever change logos.....and josh-j182, let's let joel have his Dave Chapelle profile. :D

I disagree, and let us hope that never happens....anyway I have to say as a Chitowner and lover of tradition that I hate this update, but again nice execution. i just don't think they could ever change logos

I guess I didn't say that quite clear enough. I love the Hawks look. On many a poll I've voted it the best logo/uni set in all of sports.(and I'm from Wisconsin over here......it pains me to say it, but its just perfect.)

I wouldnt advocate changing the logo........what I meant was a modernization...something super-subtle....just enough to carry perfection into the next century. It may be a smoothing of line or nudging of stripe width or something. I dunno. someday i'll work on it and show you what I mean.

The Lakers didn't touch the logo/colors or anything at all. They just gave their 80s Lake-show look a makeover. I hate the Lakers too, but I think it was terribly well done. Thats all.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

i like it! i dont buy the arguments that an updated logo woildnt fly. look at toronto and boston. the only problem i have with these is the same problem i have with the real ones. the inconsistincy with the stripping between the white/black and the red. also, seeing as they are the BLACKhawks, the black ones should be the home, while the reds should be the alt. this is nothing against ur desighn, as u were simply updating their current unis.

Archived