Blue Jays Concept

patsox

He obviously posts this crap to see our reactions and he thrives off of it. Posting this garbage and seeing us react and what makes him wake up in the mornings.

I say we just stop commenting on his concepts until he actually posts something that took longer than 5 minutes (if that) to make.

beLEAF

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok PS, here is what I have to say: I undertand you are trying to put your ideas together into a concept. Your ideas are not terrible. However, many here feel that you do not put enough effort into your concepts. Or, there simply isn't enough to do with your idea. Just keep working at it.

I don't mean to feed the fire, but "Just keep working at it" is not the problem. It is the effort that people have a problem with, and the interminable neglect to listen to any criticism and requests for a smidgen of cleanliness or genuine effort in just one concept. I am not one to normally jump in and pile on something, but it is quite old and tired and inexcusable, as is, for the record, the inevitable repetition of the same exact show every single concept by him. It's like watching Vantage Point, but it would still be a better movie. But still embarrassing, predictable, and kinda lame.

Now, on the backs of these roads, I feel like I am lost in a desert. I think the numbers are way too high and it is so empty. Also, when imagining that shade of blue hat with the dark-ish grey jerseys, I am just not getting a good vibe. I can't believe I'm actually saying this seriously, but...

It needs more black.

Idk I actually sorta liked that movie. Maybe I'm dumb but I didn't see the twist coming where matthew fox is actually the bad guy. LOL. :)

Patsox does this all the time. And we let him. Really, guys, just don't fuel the fire. He wants attention. So he posts total crap, which he knows is total crap. It works though. Look. Over 30 posts. And to get even more attention patsox calls out a random poster, in this case heitert, although heitert's point is quite valid and justified. I just have to ask: why? Why, pat? Don't you have anything better to do? Everyone is sick of this.

Why is he not banned? I don't know. But I do know that we should ignore patsox's cries for attention, and wait for the day where he posts something worth commenting on. On that day, we will give his thread 20+ posts. But this? it doesn't deserve it, and it's not worth it.

Edit: what Linus said, while I was typing.

Is it just me, or are the people who have the biggest problem with patsox the same people who came on after his suspension? I'm not saying he does or doesn't deserve what he's getting, but I wonder how they'd respond to this after they've seen some of his absolute worse.

BTW, I'd like to see a T cap. Maybe with a black bill.

I agree. After what he made earlier, this stuff is no big deal.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I love it.

Everyone says "ignore it!" or "don't post!" but draws attention to it and adds posts by making those comments.

If you want to ignore it and not draw attention to it, then follow your own damn advice.

EDIT: "I love it" doesn't refer to the concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Revised Away Uniform:

BlueJaysAwayConcept2-1.png

I added more black in the form of hats, undershirts, and socks. As GBM said, the shade of blue I used and the shade of gray of the jersey looked kind of funky together. I think it looks better with more black. What do you all think?

Good update, heading in the right direction. I like the way there's nothing at all on the back apart from the tiny number, I mean it's not often you see a player's back anymore. I'd go one further and take the number off altogether, it'll be simple yet effective and you'll be able to tell who the player is from their face. Also like the wordmark placement, slightly to the right to represent Toronto's geographical position. I also like how it'll be easier to see on the pitcher's chest when he's on the mound. Are you going to do a reversed version for lefties? Colours are good, especially the addition of more black. I think you're on the right track with this, if they adopted it in real life I think they'd become the first really iconic team in black.

Overall I give it an A-, I could see Toronto using this in future. Great improvement, glad to see you working hard to improve your craft!

Really, do you even look to see if your wordmark and numbers are in the right spot. This wordmark is actually one of the easiest ones to center, and you still got it way off.

When you decide you are going to post a concept, please do not post something you made up in less than 15 minutes. In 15 minutes you don't have enough time to put a substancial amount of thought or effort into your design.

This comes from the Concepts FAQ section. There is no way that this took you longer than 15 minutes.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived