Blue Jays Concept

patsox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy. Here we go. I've got my popcorn ready! Let the bashing begin.

Brian, you may want to revisit this one...seriously. You've been through this more than enough times to know better than to post something like this, I'm pretty disappointed.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh boy. Here we go. I've got my popcorn ready! Let the bashing begin.

Brian, you may want to revisit this one...seriously. You've been through this more than enough times to know better than to post something like this, I'm pretty disappointed.

Haha what he ^ said. :bonk::lol: This should be fun to watch. Another patsox thread that will end up in the graveyard. Maybe we will have another spammy vs. tc/mr. beastly :banned::P Anyway, what is the point of this concept?

Ok first off, many people on here don't like the BLUE Jays not being blue. So why post such an unblue concept? Secondly its lazy. (For instance the Maple Leaf flag doesn't carry on to the backview of the sleeve) Personally I could take a low grade paint concept if there was something imaginative about it, but this is just a white uni with existing logos on the front and the cap, and maybe new numbers.

Either you want abuse to be thrown at you, which isn't unheard of on the internet after all, or you pretty stoopid posting a concept like this.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I happen to like the Blue Jays' color scheme and logo. The only thing I don't like is the sleeve patch and the numbers. I changed the sleeve patch to a patch of the entire flag instead of the maple leaf and I changed the numbers so that they would match the logo better.

Alright, well first off, it's very pixelated. You really have to work on that. Making clean concepts isn't that hard, especially in MS Paint. The random black spotches should be cleaned up before posting anything. Like saintsfan said, the maple leaf flag doesn't carry over onto the back side of the uniform. The outlines of everything - the jerseys, hats, pants - are also very pixelated as well. Perhaps you can find a cleaner template. I'm sure we have plenty on the boards you can find. Also, the outline of the numbers on the back are very pixelated, as well. Pixelation is your biggest issue right now, as well as the random colour splotches.

Work on adding a little creativity, too. Sticking with what they have is great for full league redesigns, if you're happy with their current jerseys, but not for a concept. If you just work a little harder, then I'm sure you can make something better.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

My favorite part is the Tan outline of the pants...no, no, the number beveling.

Seriously though, too much Black, not enough creativity, the numbers do not look the same as the wordmark, and the flag needs to be on the back of the arm too.

Is over 5000 posts too many to think you're somebody's hilarious dupe account? This is awful. Unimaginative, unfinished, poorly thought out and poorly executed. At first I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you never take any comments on board yet continually post these concepts. It takes away from those who have spent time and thought on their concepts, and when someone's been around as long as you have, you must know this. Therefore we must assume that you dont care and just want to piss people off. You should put IBTL in your signature, because the graveyard is where all your concepts should go.

Here is a revision:

BlueJaysHomeConcept.png

In this iteration I have emphasized blue over black. In addition, I replaced the straightened wordmark I had used in the previous concept with the same logo that is on the cap. I used the same font for the number, but rethought the beveling I had used in the last concept and went with a flat, solid color instead.

Archived