MLB All Star Game 2009 Thread

patsox

Just a thought to consider.

The NL won the All-Star Game in 1951, 1965, 1981, 1984, and 1994. Tonight's game is being played under similar circumstances.

Not sure how '65 fits in there...

Will filled me in on this last night.

The Cardinals manager Johnny Keane resigned after the '64 WS. The Yankees fired Yoga Berra after losing it (and hired Keane).

With the odd shakeup, MLB went with the second place managers, which included the Phillies Gene Mauch.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait until this game is over so we can stop hearing how St. Louis is a great baseball town, blah blah blah. It's just laughable. Flyover country, plain and simple.

Gotta love Obama wearing the Sox jacket though.

I assume you are from Boston. We will go back to praising your city and its long suffering dedicated fans tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------

Clearly Pujols is under instructions from La Russa to "not try" this week.

*Time for Beer number 1*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Game over, it's 2-0 AL already and I don't see Halladay allowing anything.

However, the NL will have 7 innings to score after Halladay leaves the game. :rolleyes:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Plus their defense is actually playing All-Star defense and not the Dan Uggla-style that us NL fans may have to get used to seeing. :P

However, the NL will have 7 innings to score after Halladay leaves the game. :rolleyes:

Never know, Maddon might ride Halladay and use him 7 or 8.

LvZYtbZ.png

Or Halladay could give up 1 and have an error give up another right here.

And now Yadie scores!

Today, we are all otaku.

Roy Halladay is not going to go 7 or 8 in the All-Star game. Somebody's said this every year since they made the game count for something. Joe Maddon is a kook, but he doesn't care that much.

doesn't matter anyway because the NL now holds the lead.

Never Know, Manuel might ride Ryan Franklin and use him for 7 or 8

PvO6ZWJ.png

Roy Halladay is not going to go 7 or 8 in the All-Star game. Somebody's said this every year since they made the game count for something. Joe Maddon is a kook, but he doesn't care that much.

You're looking at it the wrong way. By leaving Halladay on for 7-8 innings, he can really mess up the Jays chances of contending. (j/k)

I saw, I came, I left.

You're looking at it the wrong way. By leaving Halladay on for 7-8 innings, he can really mess up the Jays chances of contending. (j/k)

I would applaud a manager that did that, but I choose to see it as more hilarious proof that Will Morris knows nothing of what he speaks. He says he doesn't see Halladay allowing anything, and three minutes later there's a three spot on the board.

let's go NL!

I'm going to add that during last year's game the continous discussion was one of my favorite moments as a board member. Hopefully this game turns out as good as last year's so we can have the same thing. It was chat-room like.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know people hate the DH and all, but there is no way pitchers should be making plate appearances in the ASG.

I guess that wasn't such a stupid comment after all...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I just love how everyone cares soooo much about fielding tonight. No injuries here folks.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived