MLB All Star Game 2009 Thread

patsox

Gah, Carlos Pena's Ray logo is upside down.

I hate you, you beat me to it. :P

I just noticed that though, I assume it is because the jersey patch is usually on the left sleeve, so they had the option of putting it backwards facing (right side up), or forward facing (upside down).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very impressive Nelson Cruz.

Is 11 the standard for the first round?

Poor Brandon Inge, big fat zero.

Swing and a miss Gary.

Is it just me or was Pena's BP pitcher extremely sub-par?

meh, it was ther homerism in me saying he'd win

Could the announcing crew please shut up now?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Could the announcing crew please shut up now?

I've never been a fan of Chris Berman.

He'll screw up any game with his pointless comments.

John Madden of baseball, basically.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Is anyone a fan of the celebrity softball game as I am?

I am. It's just fun to watch. It was better when it was Reynolds/Mayne though.

Goodness, Fielder hit some moon shots tonight.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Is anyone a fan of the celebrity softball game as I am?

MEEEEE!!! Look at that catch by Nelly!!!

PS- Jenna Fischer rocks!

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I think everything related to an All Star Game in any sport jumped the shark

FYP.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was at a Swim Meet tonight, but snuck in to catch bits and pieces until Albert was knocked out (recorded the whole thing for later).

I didn't have sound, but it sure looked like Albert put tons of pressure on himself and couldn't quite deliver, though he didn't have a bad showing. I'm actually a little worried. One of the reasons Pujols is such a good hitter is because of the way he hardly moves his front foot...hardly even picks it up. But he was lifting that thing like crazy trying to jack it out of the park.

I hope he didn't screw up his swing. I wanted it to happen, but I'm not surprised it didn't work out for Albert. He may lead the league in HRs this year and since he's been playing, but he's not a power hitter, persay. He's a line drive hitter who hits a lot of line drives with extreme strength. Tonight most of his outs were line drives that didn't go far enough, and then he started adjusting his swing to try and hit for power, and that didn't pan out either

But the truth is, we in St. Louis are all a little paranoid about our guys participating in the Derby after Jim Edmonds injured himself and screwed up his swing one year. Probably all for naught.

In any case, the real fun comes tomorrow. I hope...

Archived