Orlando Magic question

Now that I've learned the Magic are heading to the finals (all congrats to them, they're going to make the series a blast to watch), I have a burning question. As everyone knows, the Magic have both sides of the top of thier jersey taken up by their 20th anniversary logo on the left of the jersey (or the player's right) and the NBA logo on the right of the jersey (or the player's left). My question is, where is the finals patch going to go? will they ditch the 20th anny logo, clutter it a-la Detroit Red Wings captains last year or place it along side the NBA logo like the Lakers and Nets did in 2002 (when the patriotic ribbon patch was worn by all teams)? I'm most curious to know.

In my personal opinion, I hope they just replace the 20th anny logo with the finals patch. Its simpler and cleaner if they do that, and would avoid hideous cluttering like the other two options aforementioned.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Yeah, they'll probably just replace the 20th anniversary patch with the Finals patch.

I think they'd much prefer wearing a Finals patch, anyway. Even more magical on their 20th anniversary, don't you think?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for reminding me about the Lakers, I had forgotten they replaced thier patch. Thanks for the input guys, I cant wait to see the patches in action.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Actually, I think its going to be a very exciting series. Orlando I believe has the most balanced offense in the east (Spurs have the best overall in my opinion but theyge eliminated of course). Think about it, Howard of course is the focal point of the offense, if he has a great game, Orlando will. But if he doesent, they still have like 100 other guys it seems who can shoot the lights out (i exagerrated of course but you guys know what I mean), so either way someone will carry Orlando no matter who it is. Better yet, they've been under the radar all playoffs long. Who honestly would have picked Orlando to beat Boston AND Cleveland? Its gonna be a blast to watch em I think.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Lakers in a sweep? Obviously, you know nothing of the Lakers who are the most inconsistent team in the NBA. I wouldn't be shocked to watch them get blown out by 30 in one game, win by 15 in the next, etc. Hell, they have Lamar Odom on their team, do you really think a team with Lamar Odom has a chance of winning. Lamar Odom is the mascot for the Lakers inconsistency. I figure the Magic in 6 and game 6 will be a 25 point blow out with the only Laker showing up being Kobe Bryant. I can't see team schizophrenic winning a championship. They have talent, just absolutely no consistency to confidently think that they can win the championship.

Nailed it oddball, perfect explaination.

I believe the same thing, the Lakers were extremely lucky to get out of the west finals alive, let alone the semis. Houston and Denver both should have beat them. Cant say the same thing about my Jazz, unfortunately, but the Lakers, had it not been for extreme luck, should have been eliminated two rounds ago. Also, last time I checked, Odom's and Gasol's picture were found in the dictionary next to the reference for "softies". Theyre the biggest pansies ever to put on an NBA uniform, neither of them drive with authority and the smallest flick or graze seemingly bowls them over. And if your big men are indeed the biggest pansies to ever wear an NBA uniform, then you have NO chance of winning a title.

I'm still excited about the Magic, that offense is going to drop serious numbers on the softies-I mean Lakers.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Lakers in a sweep? Obviously, you know nothing of the Lakers who are the most inconsistent team in the NBA. I wouldn't be shocked to watch them get blown out by 30 in one game, win by 15 in the next, etc. Hell, they have Lamar Odom on their team, do you really think a team with Lamar Odom has a chance of winning. Lamar Odom is the mascot for the Lakers inconsistency. I figure the Magic in 6 and game 6 will be a 25 point blow out with the only Laker showing up being Kobe Bryant. I can't see team schizophrenic winning a championship. They have talent, just absolutely no consistency to confidently think that they can win the championship.

This I fully agree with.

While I'm a huge Laker fan and would love to see them win, they do play inconsistently. They dominated Game 6 against Denver, and yet lost in a major blowout to Houston in Game 4 of that series. (And let's not forget the Lakers were 4-0 against the Rockets in the regular season.)

I'd like to think that the Lakers win the games "that matter," such as elimination games, etc. but I'm just not too sure. Also, the Magic are 2-0 against the Lakers in the regular season. All in all, I think the Lakers can win the Finals, and I hope they do, but I would not be surprised at all if every game is close and it comes down to Game 7.

Who honestly would have picked Orlando to beat Boston AND Cleveland? Its gonna be a blast to watch em I think.

With KG injured, it would have been a shock for them to lose to Boston...and they played so badly most of the series, they almost did! Of course I was shocked and disapointed about the ECF though. Boston is my favorite team, and I'm from Cleveland...

I'm worried LA will destroy them, I have trouble taking them seriously since I only watched the Celtics/Magic series and they were mostly awful.

Personally, that Finals will be a snooze-fest. I was pulling for a Cavs-Lakers finals.

Hollywood is gonna run amok. Lakers in a sweep...

If Lakers/Magic is going to be a "snooze-fest", think of how the Lakers would have run over the Cavs.

Talk about a foregone conclusion.

Im not so sure. Bron Bron vs. Kobe would have been good to see

Personally, that Finals will be a snooze-fest. I was pulling for a Cavs-Lakers finals.

Hollywood is gonna run amok. Lakers in a sweep...

If Lakers/Magic is going to be a "snooze-fest", think of how the Lakers would have run over the Cavs.

Talk about a foregone conclusion.

Im not so sure. Bron Bron vs. Kobe would have been good to see

True, but Zydrunas vs. Softie Gasol would have brought the finals to a new low regardless.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

Who honestly would have picked Orlando to beat Boston AND Cleveland? Its gonna be a blast to watch em I think.

With KG injured, it would have been a shock for them to lose to Boston...and they played so badly most of the series, they almost did! Of course I was shocked and disapointed about the ECF though. Boston is my favorite team, and I'm from Cleveland...

I'm worried LA will destroy them, I have trouble taking them seriously since I only watched the Celtics/Magic series and they were mostly awful.

This is going to be a close series. I doubt either team will pull off huge blowouts or sweeps. I think it will be a very good series, actually.

It is gonna suck when the Stanley Cup Finals will get more appeal than a Black Mamba vs Superman showdown in the finals. Gary Bettman needs to send the Orlando Magic a thank you card.

David Stern had this coming for a long time and he deserves it, maybe nxt time he will not conspire teams for ratings (ala Milwaukee and Sacramento)

He will get his matchup in the near future When Lebron is in a Knicks Uni or the Cavs decide to bring in better players

This is going to be a good series what many people think

Lakers in 7

I'm wondering what they will do with those LeBron vs Kobe ads and merchandise?

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

It is gonna suck when the Stanley Cup Finals will get more appeal than a Black Mamba vs Superman showdown in the finals. Gary Bettman needs to send the Orlando Magic a thank you card.

David Stern had this coming for a long time and he deserves it, maybe nxt time he will not conspire teams for ratings (ala Milwaukee and Sacramento)

He will get his matchup in the near future When Lebron is in a Knicks Uni or the Cavs decide to bring in better players

This is going to be a good series what many people think

Lakers in 7

I'm wondering what they will do with those LeBron vs Kobe ads and merchandise?

The "puppet" ads were made by Nike, not the NBA, and I don't know of any merchandise that came about as of the commercials. But regardless, people will continue to buy anything related to Kobe and LeBron, I suppose.

Archived