New York Mets

crkraider22

I wanted to do a few things for the Mets. First off, I wanted to remove all traces of black from the color scheme, and I was able to do that with the exception of some of the Mr. Met details. I wanted to give the Mets a simple, classic look, and I think that I was able to do that using a simple 3-stripe pattern on the sleeves and pants, as long as removing the chest piping. On the away jerseys, I brought back the old New York cursive script that was traced over (excuse the potential pixelation). Also, I got rid of their pinstripes so that they could be further distanced from the Yankees. The alternate and BP jerseys are used on the road as well as home.

MetsLogos.png

MetsRegulars.png

MetsAlternates.png

MetsBP.png

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Get rid of the Mr. Met sleeve patch. You dont need 2 patches. I love the home and alternate sets but Im not a fan of the road set. The wordmark is slanted to much and Im not a fan of the script you chose.

beLEAF

This is a great concept. Everything is nicely done. All of the jerseys look great. I really love that blue alternate. And the hat that goes with it. The striping design you used looks great as well. There are only three things that bug me, and all three aren't too big of a problem. One, I prefer the current New York script, but the one you used looks good and it matches the home. Two, I miss the pinstriped jersey, but I completely understand your reasoning. Three, having two patches might be a bit much, but it's ok. Overall, great job with the Mets. I love it.

O ya, I almost forgot, you put together a great presentation. Very neat and organized, easy to follow.

Terrific concept, clean, dignified, classy...all things the Mets current look doesn't possess.

Love the inclusion of the Mr. Met logo patch...would love to see what you can do with my club out here in Denver, the Rockies need an overhaul as soon as possible.

Amazing work - clean, well presented and creative.

Just a few things to nitpick but nothing big - the NEW YORK script is a bit too slanted. It would never work on a real jersey just by the logistics of the cut off from where the jersey gets buttoned. Finally, as previously stated, take away one of the patches. Stick Mr. Met on the alternate jersey and keep the Mets baseball on the home and away.

Again, great work!

untitled-1.png

I like this concept for the most part. The only things I would do to improve this would be to get rid of the Mr. Met patch and work on the New York script some more. The Mr. Met patch is overkill in my opinion and baseball uniforms tend to look a little cluttered with patches on both sleeves. As for the New York script, it doesn't look quite right to me. The edges of the letters should be pointed instead of rounded if your intention was for it to mimic the script that reads "Mets". It should also be at less of a slant. I would make sure the angle of the script is closer to that of the "Mets" script.

Mets Update

-Standardized nameplate and number template for consistant outlines and size

MetsLogos-1.png

-Less slanted away script, along with less rounded edges

-White outline on BP insignia

MetsRegulars-1.png

-Removed Mr. Met patch

MetsAlternates-1.png

-Removed main patch and moved Mr. Met patch to other sleeve so he is facing forward

MetsBP-1.png

-Created racing stripe era pattern similar to 1970's jerseys

I'm thinking of doing another team, not sure if the boards really need another MLB thread though.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Wonderful. The only thing I might want changed is that I like the current "NEW YORK" road block lettering they got (Matches the cap kinda)

Other than that, perfect design! (Then again, my HS alma mater-Park Panthers-has blue & orange as their school colors)

bYhYmxh.png

Archived