Wyoming Football

HarperK

Ok Ive been here in Cheyenne for about 2 yrs now, and am already dead sick of seeing that same cowboy silhouette EVERYWHERE. I also never understood why the University couldnt think of something a little bit more original. Well, i decided to go with a different looking silhouette at least, and keep the same basic look of the current logo. C+C

wyomingcowboys.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Not bad for monocrome madness. I like the pants stripes better than the jerseys. I do like the new W. This uniform set has always intrigued me. Its a great logo, and for some reason brown and gold/yellow isnt as ugly as it used to be for me, not sure what that is about...but I digress...nice concept.

...already dead sick of seeing that same cowboy silhouette EVERYWHERE. I also never understood why the University couldnt think of something a little bit more original...

wyomingcowboys.png

Um your from Syracuse...and you are bitching about seeing a unoriginal logo everywere... I think the cowboy is better than a block S. :D

As for your concept, it is good. I think the W on the cowboy is kinda small, perhaps you could have a large W with the cowboy superimposed over it. Or if you really want to go out of the box. Make the helmet stripes on the front form a W.

Also I would swap the gold with brown pants.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

...already dead sick of seeing that same cowboy silhouette EVERYWHERE. I also never understood why the University couldnt think of something a little bit more original...

wyomingcowboys.png

Um your from Syracuse...and you are bitching about seeing a unoriginal logo everywere... I think the cowboy is better than a block S. :D

As for your concept, it is good. I think the W on the cowboy is kinda small, perhaps you could have a large W with the cowboy superimposed over it. Or if you really want to go out of the box. Make the helmet stripes on the front form a W.

Also I would swap the gold with brown pants.

Im from syracuse, but stationed in wyoming. and nothing beats a block S! (players wearing it, different story)

I like the update of the uniforms, but I don't like the jerseys one bit. It seems like if the player was wearing a helmet it would look like the player had long, blonde pigtails hanging from their head down to their waist. So I guess what I'm saying is the striping is a little too distracting.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

It may be just me, but the logo is too historic too change. It represents everything in the state. Its on the state quarter, the state logo, pretty much everything. They tried rebranding a few a years ago. col_primweb.jpgcol_secBweb.jpgcol_secEweb.jpg some of the other new ones can be viewed here. The point is the rebrand didn't go over to well. You can occassionally find stuff with the new logos, but never on the field. As for the jersey update, I would like to see how they would look on the field. I'm with a few others, you should throw in a pair of brown pants. I am happy you brought back helmet stripes.

-Logo update

-Wordmarks/secondary

-Pants, though you could add some brown pants

-Helmets

DISLIKES

-Jerseys, just hate that stripe, makes everything cluttered.

-The yellow seems really off for some reason. I'd prefer a more Padres esque brown/yellow

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

"Wyoming University"?? Nah. Change that W logo to just read "Wyoming", and you'll have a winner.

Those uniforms would be slick with the current logo - I really like the number font.

Not sold on your horse - the hind legs look awkward.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm sorry if this sounds kinda harsh, but these jerseys are even worse. The striping just stops. It looks extremely unfinished when it does that. Maybe have it meet up with the shoulder stripes or something, but don't just let it randomly stop.

i know what u mean, and i was trying to fix it. Ill prolly end up scrapping the modern side design. I think i have one more update on this in me...

I'm sorry if this sounds kinda harsh, but these jerseys are even worse. The striping just stops. It looks extremely unfinished when it does that. Maybe have it meet up with the shoulder stripes or something, but don't just let it randomly stop.

i know what u mean, and i was trying to fix it. Ill prolly end up scrapping the modern side design. I think i have one more update on this in me...

I think this design is almost there though. If you attatch the two stripes it could be very effective. The only other thing I would do, too, is attach the jersey stipes to the pants stripes and keep them the same colors. Consistency never hurts.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I think this design is almost there though. If you attatch the two stripes it could be very effective. The only other thing I would do, too, is attach the jersey stipes to the pants stripes and keep them the same colors. Consistency never hurts.

ive never been a fan of striping/piping extending between jersey and pants. creates too many issues with consistency and looks cheesy to me.

Ok Ive been here in Cheyenne for about 2 yrs now, and am already dead sick of seeing that same cowboy silhouette EVERYWHERE. I also never understood why the University couldnt think of something a little bit more original. Well, i decided to go with a different looking silhouette at least, and keep the same basic look of the current logo. C+C

wyomingcowboys.png

Hehehe...Steamboat will never change. It's not an accident that you see the same silhouette on the uniforms, the license plates and the state licenses it, of course. It's not gonna happen. Never. You're better off focusing on the uniforms and perhaps making the brown and gold stand out more. Make Wyoming like Oregon and have tons of unis, because that'd be sweet. I'd love to see a black football jersey for the Pokes. Maybe even a W alternate helmet. But...you're touching something sacred with the buckin' horse logo. :)

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

"Wyoming University"?? Nah. Change that W logo to just read "Wyoming", and you'll have a winner.

Those uniforms would be slick with the current logo - I really like the number font.

Well "Wyoming University" has some precedent, as it's the naming convention for a lot of western institutions. Hence why the University of Colorado is CU for Colorado University.

The administrative building on campus in Laramie (Old Main) actually still says "Wyoming University" on it.

I think applied right, that'd be an awesome rebrand. But like most things, it'd have to be done conservatively if it were to work at all.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Well "Wyoming University" has some precedent, as it's the naming convention for a lot of western institutions. Hence why the University of Colorado is CU for Colorado University.

The administrative building on campus in Laramie (Old Main) actually still says "Wyoming University" on it.

I think applied right, that'd be an awesome rebrand. But like most things, it'd have to be done conservatively if it were to work at all.

I didn't know about Old Main - so I guess there is some history there.

As far as the Western school names...they may go by CU, KU, NU, OU, etc, but I've never heard anyone actually call them "Colorado University", "Kansas University", "Nebraska University", or "Oklahoma University", and there are no markings for any of these schools that read like that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

First of all, nyy3351...how in the bloody blue hell did you end up getting stationed in Wyoming??? Funny as it sounds, Wyoming's a place I've always wanted to check out, simply because no one hardly ever talks about it, and I know it's some scenery to be seen--and, um, that there's quite a bit of Native American ladies runnning around there (or so I'm told) can't hurt, either. :D

Back on topic...I can see what you were going for with your design, but I really think that, in your second revision, the shoulder inserts aren't needed. The first version, while not exactly original, did work for what you were going for. However, those yellow numbers with white dropshadows really don't work for me. (I do like, though, that you tried something different in making the dropshadow go straight down rather than down off to an angle as is customary.) Also, being that brown is, for more or less, the more "visible" color in Wyo's scheme there, I'd play it up a bit more on the roads (translation: brown numbers trimmed in yellow). ANother thing...that yellow looks more like mustard than the brighter golden yellow the school uses. Go with the brighter yellow...it'll bounce off that brown much better and add a lot more visual interest.

As for the logo...I already knew Wyomingans (is that what you call yourselves, wyopokes?) were insanely attached to their silhouette logo. That notwithstanding, I do like that you went and attempted something new. And it actually isn't even all that bad--in fact, I'd say it's pretty good. Its the script wordmark I ain't feeling too much. Looks more like something that'd belong in an old western comic book. But that's just me.

Speaking of which...those newer logos that were posted up above...I've never seen those before. Interesting. They're not all that bad; I could see Wyo going with something along those lines as a "rebrand"--if they were to actually do it. But, I think the inclusion of all that black mighta killed it for them; at least it does for me. Also...to whoever posted that, is that a Bosack job? Sure looks like it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

First of all, nyy3351...how in the bloody blue hell did you end up getting stationed in Wyoming??? Funny as it sounds, Wyoming's a place I've always wanted to check out, simply because no one hardly ever talks about it, and I know it's some scenery to be seen--and, um, that there's quite a bit of Native American ladies runnning around there (or so I'm told) can't hurt, either. :D

Back on topic...I can see what you were going for with your design, but I really think that, in your second revision, the shoulder inserts aren't needed. The first version, while not exactly original, did work for what you were going for. However, those yellow numbers with white dropshadows really don't work for me. (I do like, though, that you tried something different in making the dropshadow go straight down rather than down off to an angle as is customary.) Also, being that brown is, for more or less, the more "visible" color in Wyo's scheme there, I'd play it up a bit more on the roads (translation: brown numbers trimmed in yellow). ANother thing...that yellow looks more like mustard than the brighter golden yellow the school uses. Go with the brighter yellow...it'll bounce off that brown much better and add a lot more visual interest.

As for the logo...I already knew Wyomingans (is that what you call yourselves, wyopokes?) were insanely attached to their silhouette logo. That notwithstanding, I do like that you went and attempted something new. And it actually isn't even all that bad--in fact, I'd say it's pretty good. Its the script wordmark I ain't feeling too much. Looks more like something that'd belong in an old western comic book. But that's just me.

Speaking of which...those newer logos that were posted up above...I've never seen those before. Interesting. They're not all that bad; I could see Wyo going with something along those lines as a "rebrand"--if they were to actually do it. But, I think the inclusion of all that black mighta killed it for them; at least it does for me. Also...to whoever posted that, is that a Bosack job? Sure looks like it.

Here's the story behind Wyoming's Brown and Gold. (http://www.wyomingathletics.com/trads/brown-yellow.html)

The story behind the colors of the University of Wyoming dates back to 1895. In the Spring of that year, the first ever UW Alumni Banquet was held. Decorations for the banquet included Brown-Eyed Susans, a flower native of Southeastern Wyoming. The Alumni were so impressed with the colors (brown and yellow) and the beauty of the flowers that they decided to select these colors as the official school colors at UW. In recent years the colors have been modified to brown and gold.

browneyedsusan.jpg

And it's Wyomingites. :)

Change doesn't go over super well here. So if it's done, it has to be done in moderation and even then...

Archived