Raytown High Schools have new logos - CCSLC work

KCScout76

Congrats to the winners, or survivors, so to speak. :P This was my final sub. I never posted the full body versions in the other thread.

raytownfinal.png

Ooo, I really like those. The bodies also sorta have an old-school charm to them.

The head on the full-body blue jay looks really odd being that there is a gap on the left side. If the black line connected all the way from the neck to the back of the head, it would look a lot better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The head on the full-body blue jay looks really odd being that there is a gap on the left side. If the black line connected all the way from the neck to the back of the head, it would look a lot better.

I disagree. The logo was too 'contained' that way, and that black line would run into the elbow if it was there. Popeye was the inspiration for the full body pose, so I'm glad people picked up on that. I'd also be glad to allow people to use them for their rec league or fantasy teams, though I'd like to revise a little, because I did these rather quickly. I like that bird, TRich. Very stately.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

How would it look against a dark background? Would there be an invisible line connecting it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

raytownfinal.png

Shoulda won. This is mind-blowingly good work. Were I the client, the only revision I'd ask to see is to create a different pose for one of the full-body birds. Otherwise, this is just fantastic, and exactly the approach called for in an academic environment. It's strong without being ridiculously aggressive, it's easy to reproduce without being simplistic, and it lends itself well to serving as the inspiration for uniforms, merchandise, and facility decoration.

(Also, maybe eliminate the white highlight atop the cardina's head, but that's splitting some pretty fine hairs.)

20082614447.png

I think I had just put a white keyline around the whole thing on a dark background, but I don't remember for sure. I also wasn't terribly excited about the feet, and I may revise it with shoes or boots instead if I can't get it right.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On Andrew's submissions, I love the heads and the bodies separately, and I think they're incredibly well-rendered. It just feels like they were tacked together - particularly the blue jay. I think it has to do with the size and/or shape of the neck hole on the sweater.

Great job to the winners, but I think this really goes to show the extremely subjective nature of a design 'contest' where the best and most qualified work doesn't always come out on top. If I were judging these, Andrew's would have won hands down (with mine coming in a close second :P ).

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Pick up the phone and call Johns Hopkins University immediately. That Blue Jays set is incredible.

I'll second that. That would make an awesome Hopkins logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Pick up the phone and call Johns Hopkins University immediately. That Blue Jays set is incredible.

As a Hopkins grad student, I'd love to see that on some gear.

Pull some strings for me. :P TRich, I think I'd lean toward the open beak as well.

As a Hopkins grad student, I'd love to see that on some gear.

Pull some strings for me. :P TRich, I think I'd lean toward the open beak as well.

I'll try :P They don't let us grad student do too much with athletics besides use the rec center for the occasional workout. They know between classes, work, and theses, we have no lives anyways.

galaxy.png

Archived