Ever seen this New York Rangers logo?

bnick05

I saw this while looking through the discount headwear at a local sporting goods shop. The logo depicts a hockey glove emblazoned with NYR holding a torch, certainly a play on the Statue of Liberty. It was officially licensed but something I had never seen before, any insight?

0623090945.th.jpg

(Sorry for the low quality pic.)

maine936xt.png

Ditto what everyone else said. It's been out for awhile I think. I remember coming back after the lockout and seeing that logo (and the other Zephyr logos for the other teams) and was shocked. I thought the NHL had went through some wholesale re-imagination of itself to try to market itself better. :blink:

It's a Zephyr. It's a bunch of made up alternate logos for the NHL. They make college ones too.

Yeah, the zephyr hats were definitely hit or miss, but I always liked seeing new logos. I've been on this site for about a year or so, is there and old thread with zephyr alt logos on it? I'd love to thumb through some of those.

My only other question is, have any of those Zephyr logos been adopted by teams as an actual element of their identity?

Not to my knowledge. Which is why I'd question the notion that they are "pretty popular."

When Reebok took over the NFL contract, they kept Nike's secondary or tertiary logos (like the Patriots' "NE").

It's a Zephyr. It's a bunch of made up alternate logos for the NHL. They make college ones too.

Yeah, the zephyr hats were definitely hit or miss, but I always liked seeing new logos. I've been on this site for about a year or so, is there and old thread with zephyr alt logos on it? I'd love to thumb through some of those.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...st&p=952609

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?s=...st&p=952609

I knew those logos were familiar I last saw most of those at another logo site.

Archived