IHL Seeks New Commissioner

DelayedPenalty

From www.ihl-hockey.com

IHL Seeking New Commissioner

ROCHESTER, MI— The International Hockey League (IHL) announces that the search has begun for the next commissioner of the IHL. The IHL announced last week during the annual meetings that Bloomington’s Tim Leighton, Dayton’s Richard Bruner and Muskegon’s Jeff Patulski have been selected by the board of governors to begin the process of finding a new commissioner for the league, no later than September 1st. Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to board member Richard Bruner of the Dayton Gems. They may be emailed to Commissioner@daytongems.net or faxed to 937-278-4633. The search committee is requesting that applicants do not contact the IHL office or league staff regarding the position. Core qualifications for the Commissioner’s position should include: - Professional speaker - Neat, professional appearance - Good written/oral communication skills - Proven track record of success - Sales and marketing experience - Proven leadership in corporate environment - Basic budget and accounting experience - Ability to implement new programs - Ability to inspire and motivate - Knowledge of other professional hockey organizations and key players - Basic business computer knowledge: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point - Ability to prepare and present marketing plans in written and oral format

So sending my resume to the Frankes was a bad idea?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So sending my resume to the Frankes was a bad idea?

Hey, just forward it on to the pizza boys in Fort Wayne, er, I mean, Dayton. I'd love to see you in charge of this league and/or command a respectable salary for serving as the Frankes' puppet.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So the notIHL is pretty much just posting a prominent position like Commissioner in the same fashion that the local Applebee's posts for a bus boy, wow.

How long until this league finally ceases operations and Fort Wayne transfers to the ECHL (pending union fees Franke owes)?

HumanitarianBowl.png

I sent this to my Dad who just retired from a management position in the auto industry. He meets and exceeds all of those requirements (with the exception of the computer programs, but what can you expect from a 60 year old who still uses the 'hunt & peck' method?) and is an avid hockey fan. I told him about it and he seemed legitimately interested, except for all the work it would require to salvage a horrible excuse for a league.

I sent this to my Dad who just retired from a management position in the auto industry. He meets and exceeds all of those requirements (with the exception of the computer programs, but what can you expect from a 60 year old who still uses the 'hunt & peck' method?) and is an avid hockey fan. I told him about it and he seemed legitimately interested, except for all the work it would require to salvage a horrible excuse for a league.

Could he get me a job? ^_^

philly.png

What are you looking for?

What are you looking for?

Statistical manager. Tell him I've run, at one time, five different fantasy leagues and that I can bend numbers with my very BRAIN.

philly.png

Archived