NHL Rookies, Tradees and Free Agents in new unis

Top Shelf

I hate how the two digits don't fit onto the white panel. Ugh.

I agree. It looks sloppy. One of the few times I think "historical accuracy" needs to be forsaken for common sense.

The Flyers have been able to fit both on the jersey before, I don't see why they can't now, unless it's the damn EDGE template that's causing this.

[img removed]

It's not the Edge template, it's the year the orange jersey is supposed to represent. Aren't the Flyers orange jerseys supposed to be throwbacks to circa 1972-1974 (which is why they also include the white nameplate)? The version with the wider stripe section came later in the 1970s (after their two cup wins). The original version of the jersey (which the current orange replicates) was designed without sleeve numbers; the numbers always looked kind of tacked on until they made the stripes a bit wider to fit the numbers.

However, even though the current orange jersey has serious historical meaning for Flyers fans, count me in the group that thinks it would look better if they went with the wider stripe section like the late 70s versions in the photo above.

It really doesn't though. I've never heard a Flyers fan speak very fondly about those jerseys, or long for them back, nor were the "CCM Vintage" versions of them really big sellers (based on my scientific polling that consists of how many people I see wearing the gear at games and around the city.)

Even though the BSBs won two cups in the '70s in those (or similar) jerseys, I think may consider the '80s version (two cup losses vs. Edmonton) to be the defining Flyers look.

The fact that the "new" jerseys are nearly flourescent certainly doesn't add to the "historical value" of them either. Maybe if they were true to color it would help.

Also, Capn, still waiting for the list of goalies that the Flyers gave up too early on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
img8185778.jpg

Seems like the Kings are once again changing their jersey numbers. They are bigger and the purple outline is thicker too.

But still as glittertastic as ever

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Habs confirm numbers for new players,

6 Spacek

75 Gil

22 Mara

32 Moen

21 Gionta

91 Gomez

13 Cammalleri

story in French...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/278417.html

Furthermore, Mckee wants 74 in Pittsburgh

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Brian-Metze...-McKee/54/22105

"I don’t think I am going to be wearing 77, unless Paul Coffey comes up to me and says excuse me Mr. McKee I would be honored if you would wear 77. I don’t think that is going to happen, so I will probably wear something else. I am leaning towards going back to 74; it treated me very good in the Eastern Conference, so there is probably a pretty good chance that I will be wearing that".

Because Lukas Krajicek is an ass (not to mention he should give up the # due to lack of skill) Ohlund will be wearing 5 and Matt Walker will wear 8. I saw some other new Bolts players #s but can't find them now.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

They changed the numbers to that last season.

I know they did, but I believe the purple outline inside the number wasn't that big.

Edit 1 : Pic from last season to compare.

Vancouver%20Canucks%20v%20Los%20Angeles%20Kings%20RFD_MFDShhPl.jpg

Edit 2 : Looking at the fours on the before and after jerseys they are most definitely different. In last season's version, the "hole" is visible in the upper triangle, whereas it is not there anymore on the Smyth jersey. It might only be the font is different only for this jersey display though and it will be the same when the season starts.

Edit 3 : Same thing for the nine. Look at the nine and compare.

I'm just throwing this out there and I don't know, but Smyth's jersey could be a replica and that's why there's a difference. If I'm not mistaken from seeing Kings replicas up close, the numbers are thicker than what the players wear.

• 3 weeks later...

Joffrey Lupul, Ducks - 14

Saku Koivu, Ducks - 11

Nik Antropov, Thrashers - 80

Anthony Stewart, Thrashers - 22

Pavel Kubina, Thrashers - 77

Nigel Dawes, Flames - 15

Jason Jaffray, Flames - 38

Brian McGrattan, Flames - 10

Garth Murray, Flames - 41

Staffan Kronwall, Flames - 8

Adam Pardy, Flames - 7