New Adidas Logo?

YELDARBfield

Stumbled across this logo on a pair of shoes and its box while straightening up at Shoe Carnival. (Sorry about the huge pics.)

0714092129.jpg

0714092130.jpg

I like the use of bright green, which is actually slightly more subtle than their constant use of the 3 stripes. And I'm sure we'll eventually see a version of this logo that looks like a lime that has been attacked by Wolverine.

However, it reminds me of AT&T or Minolta:

new_att_logo_270x366.jpgminolta_logo.gif

Thoughts?

...not yet, anyway. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I really think they're three-stripe triangle logo could be replaced, though this isn't better (due to the comparison to AT&T, and the fact that perfect-circle-based logos just aren't "dynamic" enough for a sportswear company.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Haha, the first thing I thought was Wolverine too.

It's reassuring this is just a product line, as the company would be insane to drop the stripes (design merits aside, it's iconic with terrific brand recognition)

Archived