Senators Colors (or a discussion about the Cowboys colors)

Bmac

The greenish-silver pants are the Cowboys. They can't change that. I love that they are the way they are "just because". No focus groups, no generic uni design firm and study, etc.

Are you kidding? Those pants are loathed by Cowboy fans everywhere. Green had never been a part of the Dallas color scheme. The sooner they return to metallic blue, the better.

C-Dubs... wanna chime in here?

They didn't actually change the shade at all, did they? They just stopped calling it Silver-Blue because it was pretty obvious it looked more Silver-Green?

The greenish-silver pants are the Cowboys. They can't change that. I love that they are the way they are "just because". No focus groups, no generic uni design firm and study, etc.

Are you kidding? Those pants are loathed by Cowboy fans everywhere. Green had never been a part of the Dallas color scheme. The sooner they return to metallic blue, the better.

C-Dubs... wanna chime in here?

They didn't actually change the shade at all, did they? They just stopped calling it Silver-Blue because it was pretty obvious it looked more Silver-Green?

As I mentioned, it came into being around 1991. At least, according to the official records I have. It was a deliberate departure from the helmet color (Silver-BLUE).

As I mentioned, it came into being around 1991. At least, according to the official records I have. It was a deliberate departure from the helmet color (Silver-BLUE).

Maybe a little earlier. Here's Danny White's pants from the 1988 season.

14278lg.jpg

14278lg.jpg

Interesting. As I've noticed with Style Guides - and ESPECIALLY the Cowboys - what is listed may or may not be what is actually worn on the field.

My guess is that the pants changed color at some point, but the Style Guides didn't reflect the change until '91 or so.

14278lg.jpg

Interesting. As I've noticed with Style Guides - and ESPECIALLY the Cowboys - what is listed may or may not be what is actually worn on the field.

My guess is that the pants changed color at some point, but the Style Guides didn't reflect the change until '91 or so.

I also think the colors differ slightly depending on who the manufacturer is, be it Russell, Apex, Nike, or Reebok.

14278lg.jpg

See, I think those are MUCH more interesting colors than navy and silver. The cowboys should build their package around these colors (basically update the look from right before they let superstition chase them out of their rightful uniform). Match up the colors of the helmet and pants from the current white uni (maybe split the difference between the blue-silver helmet and the green-silver pants and apply that to both), update the sleeves of the jersey, bring back the old number font, and use royal blue for the dark jersey... that would be nice.

Navy and silver? yawn.

Here's a pic from '85 featuring what seem to be more glossy pants. Seems to me that the lighting is a big factor in how they look too...

1125_large.jpg

Here's a pic from later that season in natural sunlight. Still no hint of green.

09000d5d807bf3e0gallery.jpg

Pre-season, 1986. Still no green.

williamrefridgeratorper.jpg

Here's a pic from '85 featuring what seem to be more glossy pants. Seems to me that the lighting is a big factor in how they look too...

1125_large.jpg

Here's a pic from later that season in natural sunlight. Still no hint of green.

09000d5d807bf3e0gallery.jpg

Pre-season, 1986. Still no green.

williamrefridgeratorper.jpg

How awesome does a football uniform look when the sleeve stripes are matched on the socks?

very

Big fan of the metallic silver blue. The Cowboys could be unique without going full navy and silver or sticking with metallic silver green. I think they need to find a blue between the two they use on the jerseys and put that everywhere. Then switch all silver to the metallic silver blue, which looks a bit periwinkle in my mind's Crayola color wheel, based on those photos above.

Archived