2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I was just looking at The Titans remaining schedule. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them go 6-1 and climb into playoff contention. They have one game left that I would call a likely loss; on the road at Indy. They play The Cardinals too but that's a home game and let's be honest, any one of a variety of Cardinals teams could show up for that one. Every other game on the rest of their schedule looks winnable. We all knew they weren't as bad as their start. Now let's see if they can keep it together. Stranger things have happened. Hope is alive in Nashville.

I believe I mentioned in here a few weeks ago that the Titans could still win 9 of their final 10 games, as they were sitting with an 0-6 record and fresh off a 59-0 beating....

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm lovin me some Green Bay defense.

It sure took them long enough to finally bring their A-game.

Green Bay's O-line still can't stop a defensive rush to save their lives, but Aaron Rodgers got sacked "only" four times this week. So it seems he and/or Mike McCarthy are finally starting to figure out how to adjust to the lack of protection.

CCSLC signature.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, the New England Patriots would like to bring you "spectacular insanity"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ladies and Gentlemen, the New England Patriots would like to bring you "spectacular insanity"

They almost got it because I think the Indy defense didn't actually think they were going to run a play. But it looked like he was short on the bobble. That give Manning a 30 yard field to win.

And the Patriots can't even challenge it.

And now the Colts are ahead with 13 seconds left.

Some times you can be too clever.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It took me until just now to realize this, and I'm not sure how many other people caught this, either: the Redskins won today, playing in their burgundy jerseys at home. Just figured I'd point that out (and I didn't feel like starting a new thread over in the other forum about this).

Oh and...lol @ the Hoody tryna be clever on that 4th-and-2.

EDIT: goodnight, New England. Thanks for playing. The Colts would like to thank the Hoody for that 4th-and-2 gift.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And now the Colts are ahead with 13 seconds left.

Some times you can be too clever.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's really getting to be hilarious that the Patriots are now becoming known for having catastrophic losses in big games...especially against the Colts it seems.

But wow, Hoodie really coached himself into a loss there. Collinsworth said it, shocking that he didn't trust his defense in that situation. I mean, giving a Peyton Manning-led offense a long field after a punt is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than going for it in that situation and giving Manning a short field to win the game.

Thank you, Bill Belichick, for (probably) saving my fantasy week. My Toronto Vipers needed another score from Reggie Wayne to keep them in striking distance heading into tomorrow night, and thanks to Belichick, they got it.

CCSLC signature.png

Thank you, Bill Belichick, for (probably) saving my fantasy week. My Toronto Vipers needed another score from Reggie Wayne to keep them in striking distance heading into tomorrow night, and thanks to Belichick, they got it.

Obligatory "no one cares about your fantasy team" reply.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm lovin me some Green Bay defense.

It sure took them long enough to finally bring their A-game.

Green Bay's O-line still can't stop a defensive rush to save their lives, but Aaron Rodgers got sacked "only" four times this week. So it seems he and/or Mike McCarthy are finally starting to figure out how to adjust to the lack of protection.

Former 'Skins/Texans GM Charley Casserly stated on The NFL Today broadcast that he believes at least 60% of Rodgers sack total is his own fault. I know Packer fans are incapable of finding a single fault with their QBs (sounds alot like Bears fans, too), but if a guy in the biz thinks OVER HALF of the sacks are the QBs fault, I'm probably going to believe him.

Archived