Phillies Red Alternate Jersey

PhilliesPhan1325

It's been awhile since I've posted something of my own.

In an older concept, I did a throwback maroon alternate. So I decided to see what a current red alt. would look like. I tried to keep it similar so it could possibly be worn with all three pants. I'm not sure about the stars though. Your thoughts?

Philliesredalt09.png

Here it is with white numbers and lettering.

Philliesalt092.png

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Definitely go with the white letters and numbers. I think they look great with the blue outline. I've always thought the Phils should have a solid color jersey like so many other teams have nowadays. Great job. I like these a lot.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

The Phillies script is red with blue stars. That's a big part of their "brand", and short of some one-off specialty shirts, it never appears in any other colors. Any red jersey would have the script in red, kind of like the Angels. The Phillies take branding very seriously. Not saying that you can't experiment with a concept, but I think you have to factor in brand dilution in these things.

I'm not sure that the Phillies are a good candidate for an alt. jersey IMO, because their design really doesn't allow for such details like placket piping or any kind of trim (except for the obvious sleeve trim) that would differentiate it from a BP jersey. I don't mind colored alt. jerseys as much as some on here do, but I don't like them when they look like warm-up gear.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Phillies script is red with blue stars. That's a big part of their "brand", and short of some one-off specialty shirts, it never appears in any other colors. Any red jersey would have the script in red, kind of like the Angels. The Phillies take branding very seriously. Not saying that you can't experiment with a concept, but I think you have to factor in brand dilution in these things.

I'm not sure that the Phillies are a good candidate for an alt. jersey IMO, because their design really doesn't allow for such details like placket piping or any kind of trim (except for the obvious sleeve trim) that would differentiate it from a BP jersey. I don't mind colored alt. jerseys as much as some on here do, but I don't like them when they look like warm-up gear.

Man, kind of a Debbie Downer aren't ya? :P

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

Na I get what he means. The script is always the same no matter what its on. But I was just experimenting with other looks for it. Here it is with the red script. Philliesalt4.png

And here it is with white and no blue outline. And the bell thrown in as a patch.

Philliesalt5.png

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

I guess I could have posted what has become typical concept-forum feedback like:

that's awesome!!!

or

OMG you are a god!!!!

or

dude thats the best xxx concept I've ever seen!!!!

That type of "c/c" is certainly helpful. :P

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Philliesalt5.png

This one is perfection

I have to agree! I think the white letters work so much better. I understand about the whole brand thing that BringBacktheVet was talking about too, i just think it looks better with the white.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

The script is always the same no matter what its on. But I was just experimenting with other looks for it. Here it is with the red script. Philliesalt4.png

And here it is with white and no blue outline. And the bell thrown in as a patch.

Philliesalt5.png

Actually, either of these works. Anything to reduce the amount of gray in baseball. Nicely done.

And if the Phillies went back to the old powder blue, they could have ...

2608739120_d16caa20e2_o.png

Packers-2.png

• 4 months later...
The script is always the same no matter what its on. But I was just experimenting with other looks for it. Here it is with the red script. Philliesalt4.png

Philliesalt5.png

Actually, either of these works. Anything to reduce the amount of gray in baseball. Nicely done.

And if the Phillies went back to the old powder blue, they could have ...

2608739120_d16caa20e2_o.png

Yea I definitely like the red with the white letters, the phillies def need an alternate jersey, I've been talking about a red alt with a liberty bell patch on the sleeve. im not saying we need a change just something extra since r jerseys r already so perfect and r well known in the sports world. We already have an identity but adding the liberty bell or something tht resembles r skyline would totally stand out like so many other teams do and would promote the city as well, i think you understand what i mean.

oh and i also meant to add tht i would totally love to see a powder blue alt. shirt and pants just like da blue jays didm it looks so nice, or they could go with the maroon top like packerbadger was saying, def not maroon pants tht was just "hora awful"(in the words of shaq) lol. i would be satisfyed with a red top and a libertybell patch or an all powder blue. please do it phillies!!! I'm feelin r 4th staright pennant!!!! Lets Go Phillies!!!!!

Please don't tell me you're a product of any Philadelphia-area school districts. Reading these last two posts has made me lose faith in our educational system.

Wow, Did I use to type like that?

The ironing is delicious.

[insert facepalm image here]

I'm not sure why it needs to happen. I just don't see an alternate jersey really adding anything to their current set. They'd have to have a second set of white pants, because colored jerseys with pinstripe pants look like spring-training uniforms.

I'm not even sure I like the idea of the daytime fauxback alt either.

Archived