Astros in Red

DustDevil61

Every time Houston plays the Cubs in Wrigley 85% of the time they wear the 'brick' jerseys

85% of the time, they wear it every time? Are you Brian Fantana?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good point BallWonk. I personally really like their color scheme (and the 'brick' jerseys as well), even if some people speculate it to be too similar to the D-Backs. Every time Houston plays the Cubs in Wrigley 85% of the time they wear the 'brick' jerseys, and I've always wondered why that was so. Interesting

It always seems that the comment is "the Astros' colors are too close to the D-Backs", but in their defense, the Astros had those colors first. The D-Backs came and jacked them. I know, the Astros wore blue and orange first, but the red/brick/black color scheme doesn't belong to the D-Backs any more than red & navy belong to the Red Sox.

Having said all that, I am actually working on a Astros DIY with the old color scheme (navy / cream / orange) in the current style. Should have it done by the end of the month. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

You can make an Astros concept with goddamn ultraviolet and infrared uniforms, and it still won't be anything great. Nothing against you personally, it's just that the Astros are forever doomed to sartorial mediocrity.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

To me, navy, gold and bright orange represent better the Astros (the baseball club, not the ones hanging out in space) than brick red, sand and black (a warmer, more desert-type scheme)...

That being said, and wishing to ad more diversity to the all-gray, all-the-teams road unis, if Mr. McLane so loves the 'stros current colors and the brick jerseys, he should do this:

1. Eliminate the gray road uniform (jersey and pants)

2. Designate the brick HOUSTON jersey as the official road jersey, to be paired with khaki pants with brick/black trim (I think teams with warm color schemes ill-match with gray, think Padres [solved], Pirates, A's and D-Backs).

3. When clashes may occur, wear the black alternate jerseys instead (which have enough gold trim to match with the khaki pants).

I know this probably won't happen in my lifetime, but one can only hope... B)

Blue and green aren't warm colors. Although, even though I don't want to see it, the A's green tops just might look alright with khaki pants.

Also, when did these black alts come in to play for the 'stros?

Early 2000's, back when the new park opened. They do not use them as of now.

All broken-star logos suck, however, if those are the only options, I'll agree - moving-broken star > static-broken star.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Every time Houston plays the Cubs in Wrigley 85% of the time they wear the 'brick' jerseys

85% of the time, they wear it every time? Are you Brian Fantana?

Ron Burgundy: Last time I looked in the dictionary, my name's Ron Burgundy. What's your name?

Brian Fantana: Brian Fantana.

Champ Kind: Champ Kind.

Brick Tamland: Brian Fantana.

Brian Fantana: No, you're Brick.

Brick Tamland: Brian.

Brian Fantana: I'm Brian.

Brick Tamland: Veronica.

I like the brick.

Archived