Trade Proposal... Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs

Patchez

From Cubs to the White Sox:

Radio play-by-play man Pat Hughes

From White Sox to Cubs:

Radio play-by-play man Ed Farmer

Organist Nancy Faust

Reasoning:

Pat Hughes is one of today's best radio play-by-play guys. Former Twins & Brewers guy.

Additionally, anyone who can make listening to a broadcast with Ron Santo tolerable is a master of his craft!

Nancy Faust is one of today's best ball park organists. Unfortunately the White Sox don't play in a ball park, but in a stadium.

The White Sox have been wasting her full talent by playing recorded music and tapes of Nancy, when she is not in the house.

Additionally with it soon being the final years of MLB in Wrigley Field (you heard it here first!), what a beautiful way to close it out with the master of her craft on the tunes.

Ed Farmer would be a throw in. He is not that bad on play-by-play, but is no where near as good as Hughes.

Oh, by the way... I am a lifelong White Sox fan!

This trade is for the good of baseball in Chicago, and waivers would not apply!

Go White Sox!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Additionally with it soon being the final years of MLB in Wrigley Field (you heard it here first!)

People have been saying it's the final years of Wrigley Field since about 1984.

None of this makes any sense. Did you even think this through before you posted it? Why would Ed Farmer and Nancy Faust work for the Cubs? Why would anybody want them to? Why would they want to? Farmer hates the Cubs. Do you listen to games? The only things I want to trade with you are insults.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Proposals this dumb should be reserved for sports talk radio.

(He's a Die Sox White Fan)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wrigley won't be replaced. Ever since some well-intentioned idiot got it onto the National Register of Historic Places, it had its continued existence secured. And there won't be any state money for a new stadium if the old stadium must stay up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Most of Wrigley Field was replaced over the last four offseasons or so. They'll just keep stealthily rebuilding it bit by bit. They're not moving to goddamned Itasca, and they're certainly not putting up a new park on Lake Michigan, where it'll be a balmy 40 degrees till Memorial Day. It's already too damn cold and windy at Wrigley.

On a related note, I think the Chicago White Sox should trade names with the Utah Jazz, because jazz is played in Chicago and Utah is the Beehive State and beekeepers probably wear white socks.

On a related note, I think the Chicago White Sox should trade names with the Utah Jazz, because jazz is played in Chicago and Utah is the Beehive State and beekeepers probably wear white socks.

:lol:

Would the Sox have to change their name to the "Utah White Soxzz"?

Or "White Sockzz"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Additionally with it soon being the final years of MLB in Wrigley Field (you heard it here first!)

None of this makes any sense. Did you even think this through before you posted it? Why would Ed Farmer and Nancy Faust work for the Cubs? Why would anybody want them to? Why would they want to? Farmer hates the Cubs. Do you listen to games? The only things I want to trade with you are insults.

Weren't you banned?

Yes I thought it through.

Ed Farmer will never get another MLB play-by-play gig after the Sox gig. He is not worthy IMHO.

Nancy Faust's style better fits a ball park like Wrigley or Fenway.

Yes, I know Farmer hates the Cubs, but I'm sure he likes a paycheck!

Hughes is very good and as a Sox fan, I would welcome him easily.

Yes I listen to the games, but perfer watching on TV or live. Thanks for asking!

As for trading insults, grow up. This (for fun) trade proposal is one persons opinion. Lighten up dude!

You probably believe our President is out to kill old folks and OJ was innocent!

As for Wrigley Field...

The new owners have the best chance to move since they won't get any "hits" from moron fans who would protest against a newspaper, TV station and radio station in return. The Tribune Company thought their hands were tied against leaving Wrigley. If fans are going to Wrigley for Wrigley, then just field the Kane County Cougars vs. the Peoria Chiefs every game and keep the beer flowing!)

Remember that the goal is in competitive baseball is to win a championship. But with the Cubs, business always got in the way of that goal. The previous owner, the Wrigley Gum Company used the ball club as a business tax right off. Winning baseball was not a goal back then. Empty seats lead to larger tax benefits. Then all your perfect attendance students, patrol boys & girls and scouts who got in for free as kids grew up and starting seeking an outdoor place to drink beer in. ("we wanna hit, we wanna hit")

Most pro ballplayers (free agents who want to win), if asked, would prefer a better facility than Wrigley provides today.

MLB and any affiliated businesses would always go for increased revenue over tradition (look where old Yankee Stadium is now!)

Unless Mars/Wrigley pays naming rights, the club will need to sell the name for more revenue. Immature Cubs fans would cry in their floppy hats and drown their sorrows with their wine spritzers. (Mature fans and baseball fans of the Cubs* are not the target of that last remark)

Wrigley's current location cannot support a rebuild without making it taller and steeper than U.S. Cellular & new Soldier Field combined.

One more word... parking!

When the Cubs get their new park, it will clearly be the nation's baseball mecca for the next century. Wrigley will be a tough act to follow for many reasons, but profits are more important than "antiquated confines".

As a Chicago baseball fan, I don't want Wrigley Field torn down. I have suggestions on what it can be used for after MLB.

I believe the new owners will make the Cubs a powerhouse in the NL. (perhaps why the Sox owners have been recently spending some bucks on talent -- competition between our two teams is good for baseball fans!)

In the new owners, with a Cub (baseball*) fan with money, ego and a record of success in the helm... and a nice brand new ballpark allowing as many night games as the club wants... better facilities for the athletes and staff, perhaps on Goose Island (still the north side for you cry babies) with executive suites, restaurants, expanded bleachers, roof top seats across the street, Chicago's great skyline in the distance, within a new entertainment district for the non-baseball Cubs fans to drink, eat & greet in... immature White Sox fans would surely envy, but I wouldn't. I am a White Sox baseball fan and the owner of my club had an opportunity to do it right in the '90's and failed.

But as it stands right now, my team has been in two world series and the Cubs zero in my lifetime.

In baseball, winning is the thing. In business, not so much (see Cubs record.)

*Anyone from the Chicago area knows there is a difference between "Cubs fans" and "Cubs baseball fans".

If you don't, piss off! (on a neighboring lawn)

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Good point! Additionally the Blackhawks should trade their name to St. Louis since more blues is played in Chicago and until they get over the hump (hopefully soon!) the Hawks owners provided the blues to hockey fans than any other NHL franchise in history!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

What, no cartoon characters are involved in this deal?

I did think of throwing the Sox mascot Southpaw. He'd fit in perfectly in the Wrigleyville neighborhood (not that there's anything wrong with those folks in that 'hood?)

As for Ronnie Woo Woo, Sox don't need him, we have ours in Barack Obama!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

what

Empty seats lead to larger tax benefits. Then all your perfect attendance students, patrol boys & girls and scouts who got in for free as kids grew up and starting seeking an outdoor place to drink beer in. ("we wanna hit, we wanna hit")

Ironically, giving out swaths of free tickets to students and community groups is what enabled Jerry Reinsdorf to bypass paying his rent throughout the 1990s. By keeping paid attendance beneath a threshold, the state didn't charge rent. Sweet deal.

A whole lot of pie in the sky cr@p about a new Cubs stadium.

That's great.

Illinois is several levels beyond broke, and if any politician were to propose state funds for a new Wrigley on top of what it would pay for 2016 (and a new Wrigley would ask for state funds) they will at best lose their re-election bid and at worst be tarred, feathered, run out of the state on a rail, and THEN lose re-election.

Illinoisians remember getting hosed on New Comiskey. That will keep the Cubs in Wrigley for a long, long time to come.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

what

Empty seats lead to larger tax benefits. Then all your perfect attendance students, patrol boys & girls and scouts who got in for free as kids grew up and starting seeking an outdoor place to drink beer in. ("we wanna hit, we wanna hit")

Ironically, giving out swaths of free tickets to students and community groups is what enabled Jerry Reinsdorf to bypass paying his rent throughout the 1990s. By keeping paid attendance beneath a threshold, the state didn't charge rent. Sweet deal.

It's nice to read you took a chill pill admiral!

You are absolutely right about Reinsdorf's deal. Again, I think the new Cubs owners can lead to either a healthy competition for the two teams for a winning product on the field -or- like the Trib did, fatten the payroll in order to help inflate a "selling price" on the ball club. Then Jerry can be able to pay off the Wirtz in order to move the Coyotes to Milwaukee! I'd like that!

It's also good to see intelligent replys against the idea of a new ballpark for the Cubs other than "tradition". There is more "tradition" in the parking lot across from the new Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.

As for the Woo Woo / Obama reference, I picked that joke up from a Cub fan after the Prez wore his Sox jacket at the All-Star game.

I thought it was cute. No knock intended on Obama. (or Ronny).

A sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Really? How exactly does this make both teams better? Last time I checked, none of these people could hit, throw, or run the bases well or at all, so how the heck is this going to help either team? Are the Cubs really that bad of a franchise that this would make sense? The Cubs need help on the field, and the White Sox are just fine as they are, so why would the White Sox want anything from the Cubs and that cursed franchise? The last time I think they made a trade wasn't it George Bell for Sammy Sosa, then not of steroids? I could be wrong on the last trade between the two, but I'm too lazy at 1:01 AM to look it up. If the White Sox are going to make a trade, how about Hawk for Rory Markas, Steve Physioc, and Mark Gubicza of the Angels. There's nothing greater than hearing Hawk yell, "Put it on the boooooooooooooooooooooard, YESSS!!!"

Garland for Karchner in the late '90s, Cotts for Aardsma before 2007, and even a lot of Sox fans think lots of things are greater than Hawk's yelling. He had the same schtick with other teams who employed him, you know.

even a lot of Sox fans think lots of things are greater than Hawk's yelling.

*raises hand*

He is, for the most part, intolerable. The World Series win was made even greater by his absence.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

When the Cubs get their new park, it will clearly be the nation's baseball mecca for the next century.

Wait... what? :blink:

Even if the Cubs were to get a new park, which they aren't, what exactly would make it "the nation's baseball mecca"? Heck, Wrigley Field itself is half of the Cubs' drawing power.

Archived