2010 USA Hockey jerseys

dcameronh

Lots of sloganeering on uniforms, eh? Start with the camo pants during the Army-Navy football game last year, the word "TRADITION" at the back of the neck of D.C. United's jerseys, or the words "Don't Tread On Me" on the U.S. soccer jersey.

Of course, wasn't it Navy who wore "BEAT ARMY" on the backs of their uniforms in the early-to-mid-60s?

dcameronh thanks for making the new topic and posting the link.

Eklund has a few other rather fuzzy pictures taken on his cellphone i would assume. Here is one of the blue and white teams at center ice:

http://twitpic.com/e8trb

Aha!

The group on the left is wearing the 1960 throwbacks. I guess there'll be a few of those at Vancouver, too.

Actually, aside from the obvious switch in the crest, it seems like the only jersey that has any changes is the navy jersey. The spacing of the stripes on the 1960 alternate/3rd and the white jerseys look like they may be a bit different, but I think that's just because the '08 jerseys I'm posting are the replicas.

1960 alternate/3rd jerseys look the same:

6009.jpg

6008.jpg

The whites look the same:

WHITE09.jpg

WHITE08.jpg

The '09 Navy is missing the stripes on the arms, and the star has been put up on the shoulder. Also, the hem stripe colors have been swapped.

6009.jpg

NAVY08.jpg

Overall, I'm pretty underwhelmed. I like the simplicity of them, but they're almost too boring. I mean, is there even a red border around the USA crest, or am I just blind?

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

From Puck Daddy, the blue jersey will feature Nike's "We the People" graphic like the USA Basketball uniforms in Bejing. I'm assuming it will be the back like the basketball uniforms.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...1&success=1

It says this in the article you posted:

According to a Nike spokesperson, the "We The People" image will be "on the sleeves as well as on the back bottom of the jersey. It's printed directly onto the material of the jersey so extra weight is not added."

ept_sports_nhl_experts-742199677-12.jpg

? The Statue of Liberty, represented by the torch

? Stars and stripes representing the 50 American states

? The date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence

? Decorative elements from our nation's currency

? The olive branch and arrows from the talons of the American eagle in the Presidential seal

? Celtic, African and Native American symbols and influences

? A bleeding heart representing Hispanic culture

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

From Puck Daddy, the blue jersey will feature Nike's "We the People" graphic like the USA Basketball uniforms in Bejing. I'm assuming it will be the back like the basketball uniforms.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...1&success=1

It says this in the article you posted:

According to a Nike spokesperson, the "We The People" image will be "on the sleeves as well as on the back bottom of the jersey. It's printed directly onto the material of the jersey so extra weight is not added."

ept_sports_nhl_experts-742199677-12.jpg

? The Statue of Liberty, represented by the torch

? Stars and stripes representing the 50 American states

? The date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence

? Decorative elements from our nation's currency

? The olive branch and arrows from the talons of the American eagle in the Presidential seal

? Celtic, African and Native American symbols and influences

? A bleeding heart representing Hispanic culture

Wow, Nike really wants to push these jerseys to everyone or simply went on a bad acid trip.

Archived