CONCEPT81: **UPDATE** Atlanta Falcons Logo

bigdub81

Thought I'd try a shot a re-vamping their logo and taking away all the elments that they don't need. Just did this about an hour ago, tried to combine both the old and current logos into this one. I flared out the tail design and tried to create an illusional "AF" along with the wing and arm to make the 'F'. Can ya' see it? C&C

Concept-Helmet-Falcons.png

UPDATE: 08-23-09

I took off the extra 'thingy' from the back part of the tail to give it a more original look. Also included the progression from what they have had to my design. C&C

Concept-AtlantaFalcons-LogoProgress.png

Concept-Helmet-AtlantaFalcons.png

Ok...I was looking at the mouth and it bothered me a bit when compared to their current logo. I did away with the jaw and reduced the eye a bit and IMO...it's better than my other versions...I think I got it with this one!

Concept-FalconsLogoUpdated.png

version 3 logo used on my 'vs' series sigs

SaintsvsFalconsmylogo.png

SaintsvsFalconsmylogo2.png

Quite sweet, and somewhat unique too. I miss seeing the Falcons in red helmets to this day. It's not been the same, darn that Jerry Glanville!!!

I still wish the league would allow each team to have 2 helmets, that way if the Colts play the Dolphins for example, one could wear their white helmet, the other could wear a blue helmet w/a white horseshow for the Colts, or make the Dolphin alternate helmet aqua color, and use a white outline for the dolphin and the sun.

Quite sweet, and somewhat unique too. I miss seeing the Falcons in red helmets to this day. It's not been the same, darn that Jerry Glanville!!!

I still wish the league would allow each team to have 2 helmets, that way if the Colts play the Dolphins for example, one could wear their white helmet, the other could wear a blue helmet w/a white horseshow for the Colts, or make the Dolphin alternate helmet aqua color, and use a white outline for the dolphin and the sun.

It's good in theory, but in practice, it's lacking. Like stated above, the F is easy to see, but the A isn't really visible.

OT: I never noticed the F in the Falcons logo until about a year ago.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

i disagree, i think the A is very noticeable, right under the tail, it CAN'T BE MORE OBVIOUS (just because the A does not have a horizontal bar does not mean its non visible) maybe its because people have been so accustom to the current logo rather than the old logo

301.gif

299.gif

It looks awkward at first, because I'm used to the current... however, when you look at the logo as an actual falcon, it works wonderfully. I typically have to sort of squint at the current logo to make it look like a falcon in flight because of awkward tail and talon placement, but yours is immediately recognizable as a falcon.

The second version you posted is a big improvement, but I still feel the beak is a little on the long side and makes the bird look more like a raven or a crow than a Falcon. This was more prominent in the first version you posted and the changes you made have gone some way to correcting it but I still feel it could do with a little more adjustment, it's needs to be shorter still and the hook be more pronounced.

Look forward to seeing how this one progresses as your off to a strong start.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Something about your updated falcon makes me think of a ninja star, for some reason. "Ninja Falcon"...yeah, that's what I'll call it. :D

Not that that's a bad thing...I see what you were going for, and it definitely does have that fast, sharp edge to it. That thing looks like it's zooming in at Mach 3 ready to straight up kill something (or somebody)...no questions asked. I actually kind of like it.

BTW, if you haven't yet done so, check your PMs.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived