2009 NCAA Football Preview

NJTank

You have Boise St. and Florida as the only unbeaten teams and do not have Boise St in the BCS title game? Therefore:

1-Where does Texas slip up and how can they get back into contention?

2-Last year, Utah was not even ranked pre-season and #22 after week 1. Boise did not even enter into the Coaches Poll until week 4. With the Congressional investigation from last year, don't you think that voters will give non--BCS schools a greater benefit?

You have Boise St. and Florida as the only unbeaten teams and do not have Boise St in the BCS title game? Therefore:

2-Last year, Utah was not even ranked pre-season and #22 after week 1. Boise did not even enter into the Coaches Poll until week 4. With the Congressional investigation from last year, don't you think that voters will give non--BCS schools a greater benefit?

A non-BCS school will never play in the title game. It just won't happen.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Don't say never, expect for a Mets pitcher to throw a no-hit game.

And Tank, I hope you realize that you have 75 teams .500 or better for 66 bowl slots (I took out the BCS title game).

And Tank, I hope you realize that you have 75 teams .500 or better for 66 bowl slots (I took out the BCS title game).

That would explain why I could not make my Bowl Projections, there are too many bowls any way.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

That would explain why I could not make my Bowl Projections, there are too many bowls any way.

You made a title projection, so why not the others? BCS matchups at least, as those are determined from the title game and conference affiliation(s). A USC/Ohio St. Rose Bowl presented by Citi would not have been a stretch, but I can see how not naming the participants in the GMAC Bowl makes the site look worse when compared to SI.com's Stewart Mandel, ESPN's Pat Forde, or CBSsportsline who at least do that.

I noticed that your prediction is possibility-impaired. For example:

Oklahoma State is shown as going 4-0 out of conference, so you have them beating Georgia...

who is predicted to be 3-1 out of conference, which means that they are predicted to beat Georgia Tech...

who is also shown as 3-1 OOC, which means that they would beat Mississippi State...

who you predict to be undefeated OOC.

There may well be other issues like this, but this was the first one I noticed.

I noticed that your prediction is possibility-impaired. For example:

Oklahoma State is shown as going 4-0 out of conference, so you have them beating Georgia...

who is predicted to be 3-1 out of conference, which means that they are predicted to beat Georgia Tech...

who is also shown as 3-1 OOC, which means that they would beat Mississippi State...

who you predict to be undefeated OOC.

There may well be other issues like this, but this was the first one I noticed.

I did not even want to get that exact. Do we need to lock as opposed to keep up the embarrassment?

Who is to say this is an exact science

At the end of the year judge me by how many teams are correct

I'm putting the over/under at 10 teams that are correctly predicted by you.

Who wants some action?

I will take the over. There are too many teams.

1-PM me on the wager.

2-You freeze the page as of 9/3 or 9/4/09.

Who wants some action?

1-PM me on the wager.

You think Tnak will correctly guess the exact overall AND conference records of 11+ teams?

I don't care what the wager is.

Who wants some action?

1-PM me on the wager.

You think Tnak will correctly guess the exact overall AND conference records of 11+ teams?

Heck no, but I would like to have Tank think I actually believe in his predictions. And I thouhgt that "predicted by you" were not conference titles, but just records of 8 win to 6 win teams.

Who wants some action?

1-PM me on the wager.

Heck no, but I would like to have Tank think I actually believe in his predictions. And I thouhgt that "predicted by you" were not conference titles, but just records of 8 win to 6 win teams. I was talking Tank-style, in getting 10 right out of 110. We will settle up very soon,

Who wants some action?

1-PM me on the wager.

Sh#t! not all 120+ records, just the leaders. If not, we can still have a wager or at least I will lose and send you a t-shirt. Just tell me what size around Xmas and we will exchange PMs.

Archived