2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the puck fair game until the whistle is blown, no matter where it is (below high-stick and out-of-play areas, of course)?

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Thrashers went into the 3rd period down 4-1 against the Hurricanes...and end up winning 6-4. I understand it was against the currently godawful Hurricanes, but still, that's pretty cool. May have to really pay attention to the Thrashers. Philips Arena is actually gonna be pretty fun this winter/spring.

Thrashers went into the 3rd period down 4-1 against the Hurricanes...and end up winning 6-4. I understand it was against the currently godawful Hurricanes, but still, that's pretty cool. May have to really pay attention to the Thrashers. Philips Arena is actually gonna be pretty fun this winter/spring.

The Thrashers are a little frustrating, yet exciting.

They struggle at home, yet are 8-2-1 on the road. They start the games slow, yet have scored the most 3rd-period goals in the NHL.

Now they need to get the Flyer curse off their backs. The Thrashers haven't beaten them since before the lockout, I believe. Now that Nittimaki's no longer with Philadelphia, the Thrashers actually have a chance of winning...

Isn't the puck fair game until the whistle is blown, no matter where it is (below high-stick and out-of-play areas, of course)?

not necessarily, a goal can be waved off if the referee says he intended to blow the whistle, which to me is a crock cause that gives them a whole lot of power that shouldnt be given to a group of people so incompetent. Which is why they have the automatic delay of game if the puck is cleared into the stands, the refs are too stupid to deduce whether it was intentional or not, so to make it as black and white as possible they made it automatic.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Don't look now, but the Leafs have a 2 game win streak!!

Plan the parade!!!!!! ^_^

c'mon now Neon, you should know by now that snark is reserved for the privileged few around here.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

c'mon now Neon, you should know by now that snark is reserved for the privileged few around here.

Awww, can't I be a little adventurous and live a little on the wild side?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You won 2 in a row. How much wilder can it get?

Hi, how are you?

You won 2 in a row. How much wilder can it get?

Oh, wouldn't you like to know! ;)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ducks beat the Blackhawks 3-0.

Ducks have won three in a row, improved to 4-1 on the current 7 game homestand and ended the Blackhawks 8 game streak.

All three goals were PP goals.

Giguere looks to have finally found his form and is playing extremely well between the pipes. He has been in the net for this 3 game winning streak. Awesome for Jiggy. To see him succeed again makes me so happy.

Teemu Selanne scored two goals to put him alone in 37th place on the all-time point scoring list. I swear I think its at least every other game where they announce he's climbed up another pole on the ladder. One of the greats.

Corey Perry had an assist on Selanne's first goal and extended his career high point streak to 17 games. That 17 game streak ties Selanne's 17 game streak in 1999 as the longest streak in Ducks history. Perry has a very good opportunity to break it on Sunday against Phoenix. Oh and put him on the Canadian Olympic team already. Perry is on a career pace right now, it will be a flat robbery if he isn't on the team with his performance thus far.

GO DUCKS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ducks have won three in a row, improved to 4-1 on the current 7 game homestand and ended the Blackhawks 8 game streak.

Giguere looks to have finally found his form and is playing extremely well between the pipes. He has been in the net for this 3 game winning streak. Awesome for Jiggy. To see him succeed again makes me so happy.

Teemu Selanne scored two goals to put him alone in 37th place on the all-time point scoring list. I swear I think its at least every other game where they announce he's climbed up another pole on the ladder. One of the greats.

Corey Perry had an assist on Selanne's first goal and extended his career high point streak to 17 games. That 17 game streak ties Selanne's 17 game streak in 1999 as the longest streak in Ducks history. Perry has a very good opportunity to break it on Sunday against Phoenix. Oh and put him on the Canadian Olympic team already. Perry is on a career pace right now, it will be a flat robbery if he isn't on the team with his performance thus far.

GO DUCKS!

I think I speak for myself and the rest of the NHL by saying thank you Ducks, somebody finally had the balls to shut them down.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

GO DUCKS!

I think I speak for myself and the rest of the NHL by saying thank you Ducks, somebody finally had the balls to shut them down.

Kane-Toews-Hossa was invisible all game. I noticed them on the start because I was looking for them to do something but they never were that threatening all game. I don't know if the 1 p.m. Pacific start time was odd for them, but they did not play well.

Huet made a few surprising stops, but he wasn't all that great either.

I was kind of underwhelmed by the Hawks in this game. I had higher hopes for watching them.

But I'll gladly take the win haha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Just in case anyone cares, you're allowed to hit a goaltenders glove with your stick to knock the puck out and into the net. Who knew?

NHL officiating, it's a funny joke.

I don't know what game the incident in question you are referring to happened in because I don't care, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was a Blues game.

I was kind of underwhelmed by the Hawks in this game.

They played very poorly. Probably took the Ducks lightly because the Ducks are in 27th place and a playoff longshot. Oh well, I budgeted for Anaheim road losses; at least it wasn't a 7-2 embarrassment.

Thanks for your extensive Duck Report, though!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They played very poorly. Probably took the Ducks lightly because the Ducks are in 27th place and a playoff longshot. Oh well, I budgeted for Anaheim road losses; at least it wasn't a 7-2 embarrassment.

Actually, the Blackhawks ran into Giggy whose been on fire this week with 3 wins, 1 shutout (obviously!), and a ridiculous 1.29 GAA.

Something has to be done about these 3-point games. Maybe just award the 1 point for losing in a shootout and 0 if you lose in regular OT. It seems that there've been an obscene amount of them and it's not even December yet. While it's early, it all adds up, and you have sub-.500 teams like the Islanders (10 Wins 16 Losses) Bruins (12 Wins 13 Losses) and Dallas (11 Wins 14 Losses) all in the thick of a tight (albeit still VERY early) playoff picture. Or you could make victories 3 points. You just need to do something because it's too much of a "reward" for still losing a game.

Now yes, over the course of the entire season, Boston is still a legit playoff contender, and yes the other teams also get those same points for OT losses, but who knows how things may play out...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Its okay, the extensive, inconvenient road trip is over. A road trip that they managed to be nearly undefeated for. Now they are coming home off an 8 game winning streak. I'm not mad, quite excited actually

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

not necessarily, a goal can be waved off if the referee says he intended to blow the whistle, which to me is a crock cause that gives them a whole lot of power that shouldnt be given to a group of people so incompetent. Which is why they have the automatic delay of game if the puck is cleared into the stands, the refs are too stupid to deduce whether it was intentional or not, so to make it as black and white as possible they made it automatic.

And you can magically determine intention?

Some of the crease plays are so quick you have to have the "intent" clause. I agree that it can possibly be modified for the better but it's definitely necessary in some shape or form.

Archived