NFL Redesign **STEELers added**

Brave-Bird 08

Alrighty. Hopefully this thread draws some attention. I know I said I'm not doing concepts, or any graphics work right now because of my bulky schedule.

But, this stuff has been in the waiting. I started this NFL redesign as my FIRST inkscape project...and decided I was going to complete all 32 teams before I post. Well, everything that follows is a result of stuff I did from May to just a few weeks ago. I had it on another computer at a diff location, so I am just now getting it all uploaded.

Unfortunately, inkscape gives me some serious problems...and is not exporting bitmaps...so I only got my first 12 concepts loaded :( ... hopefully inkscape will stop crashing on me and I can get the rest up.

But, as for now, here is my NFL redesign portfolio.

Dallas Cowboys

- chose navy blue and silver as the ONLY colors.

- utilized a variation of the two tone jersey

CowboysConcept1.png

CowboysConcept2.png

-----------

Washington Redskins

- went with a different color of gold

- utilized the spear design

- new pants, but keeping the half in half colored stripe idea

- also, I redesigned the logo a tad

RedskinsConcept1.png

RedskinsConcept2.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're going to have silver piping on the side of the white jersey, it probably shouldn't transition into the green piping on the green pants. May just be easier to lose the side piping on the jerseys. Also, the silver pants would look better with some white - for consistency (at least with the white jersey), maybe white on the outside of the green. Honestly it would look better with white in between the green, but that wouldn't work with what you were going for.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Chicago Bears

- went for a more consistent striping design for the home and away

- added emphasis on blue pants for road games!

- declared the "Bear" as the primary logo :)

- changed helmet logo to better mirror the stripes

- plus, moved the GSH logo

BearsConcept1.png

BearsConcept2.png

---------------

Detroit Lions

- eliminated black!

- went for a uniform design that better fits the new logo

- helmet has no stripe as an ode to the old uni's

LionsConcept1.png

LionsConcept2.png

Honestly I'm a fan of most of these designs, great work.

Cowgirls - Probably my least favorite. I just don't see the purpose behind the silver sleeves. Just ain't doing it for me. I like that you used one navy and one silver though.

Warriors - Definite upgrade, I love how you utilized maroon (it's my favorite color). I don't really like the new primary logo, think you could spend more time on that. I think you could also modernize the helmet spear a bit. Love the pants though. I think yellow pants should be the primary option for home.

E-A-G-L-E-S! - My team, but this is definitely one of my favorite Eagle redesigns I've seen. I long for kelly green, and you brought it to me. I agree with Vet, just get rid of the side piping since they don't match up. For continuity's sake, on the home, shouldn't the space between the two shoulder stripes be white, because on the away it's a two color pattern, while on the home it's gray only. I say choose one or the other. Not a fan of the wordmark.

New Yak - At first I hated the really simple away jersey. But it's grown on me, and I think it'd actually look pretty slick on the field. Although I think a thin red stripe on both the home and away jerseys could go a long way.

Bears - Don't like it at all TBH. The sleeve stripes are far too thin I think. I hate the number font, I think a standard block would work better. The GSH on the back of the collar doesn't make much sense to me. It's too cluttered back there.

0-16 - My favorite. I love the striping/piping whatever you want to call it, it fits the new logo perfectly, and I love the honolulu blue with the silver. Looks great all around.

Favre's new team - Improvement, not sure the collar would work though. Nothing really catches my eye. It looks too similar to their current identity I think, which I hate. I'd prefer the old school look.

Favre's old team - Not much of a change, but I love the green pants (but as an ALTERNATE option). I'm a huge fan of white over dark pants.

Again, nice job. Though the player name size could be increased quite a bit.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Purple pants for the Vikings is totally what they need. They'd look so much better if they wore purple pants on the road!!!

Fixed your post!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know I am not a fan of these league wide redesign threads generally. But so far you have done each redesign really well. I may not agree with every design choice you have made (for instance white pants for the Saints!) But I think each design, so far, would suit its team, and you have shown a good level of respect for each franchise's history so far.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I can honestly say, I love every one of your redesigns, especially the Redskins. They have such a great, classic look that they're nearly impossible to upgrade. Then there are the people who want to change their name, ugh. Great job on them!

Also, love the Eagles returning to the proper color, the Cowboys actually matching their colors, the Falcons returning to red helmets. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be the Bucs, only because I'd like to see the original orange added back in someday.

87Redskins.png

Honestly I'm a fan of most of these designs, great work.

Cowgirls - Probably my least favorite. I just don't see the purpose behind the silver sleeves. Just ain't doing it for me. I like that you used one navy and one silver though.

Warriors - Definite upgrade, I love how you utilized maroon (it's my favorite color). I don't really like the new primary logo, think you could spend more time on that. I think you could also modernize the helmet spear a bit. Love the pants though. I think yellow pants should be the primary option for home.

Cowgirls is correct, however, they are STILL the Redskins!

87Redskins.png

Archived