NFL Redesign **STEELers added**

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately some nice upgrades here. A few things that caught my eye.

DAL - any departure from the design of their current Home set, other than updating the blue color, is well, not good. But, living in Dallas, that might be why i feel that way.

WAS - love the deeper maroon color. try thinning the spear handle on the pants a little bit.

PHI - it pains me to say this but i think there needs to be some minor touches of black to help break up the colors.

NY - white jersey needs something else. the plain blue jersey works, i don't think the white does.

CHI - like the GSH on the belt, not on the back

DET - darken the blue just a hair and add some more white to help break up the blue/gray.

MIN - looks good

GB - love the greem pants. love them!

ATL - add some white to the red jersey.

NO - black numbers on the gold jersey? what i see now is Georgia Tech.

CAR - must have columbia blue pants

TB - very nice. love the removal of orange. really like the white and black tops.

For the Eagles, I'm pretty sure that the NFL requires teams to have "TV numbers" either on the sleeves or shoulders.

I like what you've done with most of these, especially "fixing" the color schemes for teams that have inconsistencies (Cowboys, Lions, Saints). However, one thing I don't like is that you seem to have put the wordmark on the front chest above the numbers for each team. I realize that this is the latest trend and seems to be on every new jersey, but for some of these teams, especially for the more classic uniforms (Giants, Bears, Packers, Redskins, Saints) it looks cluttered and out of place.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

For the Eagles, I'm pretty sure that the NFL requires teams to have "TV numbers" either on the sleeves or shoulders.

I like what you've done with most of these, especially "fixing" the color schemes for teams that have inconsistencies (Cowboys, Lions, Saints). However, one thing I don't like is that you seem to have put the wordmark on the front chest above the numbers for each team. I realize that this is the latest trend and seems to be on every new jersey, but for some of these teams, especially for the more classic uniforms (Giants, Bears, Packers, Redskins, Saints) it looks cluttered and out of place.

good points. and yeah, i definitely missed tv numbers on philly! ill see if i cant tweak the design and get some on there

There's some really good stuff here (especially the NFC East--Washington, Philly, and NY all look superb). However, I think you struck out on each of the NFC South concepts.

For Atlanta, I'm ok with the return to a red helmet. It looks nice. I'm not sure about silver/gray numbers; they look very muddy and dull to me (though if they are done shiny or really bright, it could work). But the real problem is the pattern on the sleeves, which would make a diamond when viewed from the side. That just seems odd (and arbitrary), and it doesn't match the smooth, curvilinear lines in the pants stripe. I also really don't like the red shoulder yoke on the white jersey, but that's my personal taste (I have rarely seen a colored shoulder yoke that I thought worked).

For New Orleans, I'm fine with the white numbers (though I still prefer gold), but I don't think the white pants work, at least not as the primary home uniform combination. I do really like the gold jersey with the white pants as an alternate. That's a very nice uni combo.

For Carolina, I admire trying a white helmet, but I don't think it works for the Panthers. I also don't like the elimination of silver, or the emphasis on the Panther blue over the black. I really don't like the bulky blue sleeve sections on the white jersey. The pants stripe, however, looks nice.

For Tampa, again I'm not a fan of the shoulder yoke. It breaks up what is otherwise a clean uniform, and it just seems like an arbitrary way to get more color in there. Other than that, it's not a bad uniform, but the shoulder yoke is too distracting.

I don't want to make it seem overly negative, because I like quite a few of these (again, Philly looks fantastic!), but I just wanted to give some criticism on a few of them. I'm looking forward to the rest.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I've gotta say, as much as I don't like the dark jerseys for Tampa Bay, I find the white jersey simply beautiful. Sadly, you can't really have that yoke design on one jersey and not the other, so I would take it off altogether.

Overall, I'm liking this. Can't wait to see what some of the AFC teams look like.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chicago Bears

- went for a more consistent striping design for the home and away

- added emphasis on blue pants for road games!

- declared the "Bear" as the primary logo :)

- changed helmet logo to better mirror the stripes

- plus, moved the GSH logo

BearsConcept1.png

BearsConcept2.png

---------------

Detroit Lions

- eliminated black!

- went for a uniform design that better fits the new logo

- helmet has no stripe as an ode to the old uni's

LionsConcept1.png

LionsConcept2.png

The Bears' uniform design is nice... but you left-out the GSH on the right sleeve. Also, I share your opinion on omitting black in the Lions' color scheme.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

• 3 weeks later...

Back with more. I finally convinced myself to go back and re-render my NFL concepts...which I had COMPLETELY FINISHED...but lost in a storm :mad:

I'm starting with the AFC, and then I'm going to go back and throw in the NFC West...and possibly, just for kicks, but my first 12 designs on this template I'm using.

Titans

For Tennessee I just wanted to update the look a bit. A lot of people like to go back to the Oiler days with their Titans concepts. I basically kept the dark/light blue scheme...because blue and red is overused in sports. The design keeps that shouldler panel feel... but standardizes their home and away look, and improves over their mess combination crisis.

TitansHome.png

TitansHome2.png

TitansRoad.png

Jaguars

For the Jags, I wanted to go with that newer, sleeker, idea they totally failed on executing. I wanted the road and home looks to matchup for once. I kept the concept behind the new piping, but went with different jersey piping. I also used the old numbers, and most importantly- used gold. I wanted to keep the helmet design too...I like the teal sparkle dealio. Also, I give you teal pants.

JaguarsHome.png

JaguarsHome2.png

JaguarsHome3.png

JaguarsRoad.png

For Tennessee I just wanted to update the look a bit. A lot of people like to go back to the Oiler days with their Titans concepts. I basically kept the dark/light blue scheme...because blue and red is overused in sports. The design keeps that shouldler panel feel... but standardizes their home and away look, and improves over their mess combination crisis.

And two-tone blue isn't?

I really love both designs. They're sleek and modern and would look great on the field. I particularly love the away sets for both teams. The one thing that bothers me on the Jags set is the pant striping, it just seems a bit random and I don't like how the stripe doesn't connect to anything (bottom or top of pants).

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

And two-tone blue isn't?

I really love both designs. They're sleek and modern and would look great on the field. I particularly love the away sets for both teams. The one thing that bothers me on the Jags set is the pant striping, it just seems a bit random and I don't like how the stripe doesn't connect to anything (bottom or top of pants).

Well, its the only part of the Jags current uniforms i do like. and two tone blue is used...but not nearly as much as red and blue. my philosophy is stay away from red and blue whenever possible.

the titans uniforms look absolutely AMAZING I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM THTS WAT THE TITANS NEED TO BE WHEREING RIGHT NOW!!!!! the jags are good too better execution than the jags current version and i think thts wat the jags were trying to do.

Giants.png

sg048n.jpg

the titans uniforms look absolutely AMAZING I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM THTS WAT THE TITANS NEED TO BE WHEREING RIGHT NOW!!!!! the jags are good too better execution than the jags current version and i think thts wat the jags were trying to do.

I very strongly agree, though in a less caps-locked sense. The titans look incredible

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Titans: Nice job, great execution. You improved the uniform without changing the identitiy of it. Also, it'd look better with the titan 'T' logo on the sleeves.

Jags: Perfect! This has got to be one of the best Jaguar concepts yet. WAy better than the ones they have now. My uncle is the recievers coach for the Jags and I often get merchandise and apparel as gifts, and I wouldn't mind getting these jerseys!

Great job, I suggest you print the Jags out, put it in an envelope and send it to Jacksonville now. ;)

Archived