NFL Redesign **STEELers added**

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing that logo and adding gray really defeats the purpose of that logo at all which represents steel with the blue, red and yellow diamonds. Biting on the Oregon Ducks with the Diamond Plate template ain't all that unique either.

When it comes to the logo, I think you are being far too literal. Abstraction is part of the logo process. Eagles aren't green; Broncos aren't orange. Do I think he could have integrated the diamond-plating a little better, sure. But to say the diamond plate is strictly a ripoff is a misstep in this particular situation. Sure, Oregon did it first, but it looks great on the Steelers.

Here is my slight issue with the Steelers update. Would the gray details be visible enough on the jerseys (especially the shadowing) to make the junking of tradition worth it? I am not convinced it would be. I think the idea of trying to get some steel gray in there is a worthy idea mind.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

BraveBird, I like most of your stuff but some things don't need a redesign because they are perfect as is. I know this is an NFL redesign but the Steelers and the Bucs(who I believe have already had a perfect redesign) don't need it and I believe what you've done with them would be taken their look backwards.

BraveBird, I like most of your stuff but some things don't need a redesign because they are perfect as is. I know this is an NFL redesign but the Steelers and the Bucs(who I believe have already had a perfect redesign) don't need it and I believe what you've done with them would be taken their look backwards.

I concur.

You realize that this is a concept forum - a place for people to get creative and take chances. Saying that something is perfect and can't be touched is just saying that you aren't ready for the challenge of updating something that is so ingrained in sports culture. I think it's a challenge that any good designer would want to take on, especially in a forum like this where the only consequence of failing is having people tell you that you shouldn't have touched them.

For the record, there is no design in any business / sport / anything that is 100% perfect and untouchable. There are some that are more risky than others to touch, but if you really think that something can't be improved on at all, then I'm not sure why you're here. Nothing aggravates me more than saying that something is "untouchable".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You realize that this is a concept forum - a place for people to get creative and take chances. Saying that something is perfect and can't be touched is just saying that you aren't ready for the challenge of updating something that is so ingrained in sports culture. I think it's a challenge that any good designer would want to take on, especially in a forum like this where the only consequence of failing is having people tell you that you shouldn't have touched them.

For the record, there is no design in any business / sport / anything that is 100% perfect and untouchable. There are some that are more risky than others to touch, but if you really think that something can't be improved on at all, then I'm not sure why you're here. Nothing aggravates me more than saying that something is "untouchable".

This.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

While I understand (and even somewhat agree) with what you're saying, the concept forum is also a place for fellow CCSLC'ers to make their opinions known. This, of course, is as long as they critique constructively. I feel as though Jimbo did this. When he said that the designs for the Buccs and Steelers would have taken them back compared to what they currently have, I feel as though Jimbo was saying this in a sort of "I say that to say this" sort of manner; I doubt (though I could be wrong) that he actually meant that some looks are sacrosanct. Otherwise, he wouldn't have complimented BraveBird's work to begin with.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived