The 5

In 5..4..3..2..1

Look at the schedules the Vikings beat the Browns,Lions and the 49ers. There is 1 team there that you might consider a good team and it took basically a Hail Mary for them to win that game.As I said in my previous post it's still a little early for me to take SF serious although I like the make up of that team with Singletary at the helm. If the Vikings were to win tonight it would go a long way in convincing me that they are a step closer to being an elite team but not in the 5 just yet. The Patriots beat the undefeated Ravens who were on the top at 1 or 2 on everybody's power rankings they also beat the Falcons who are in the top 10 on almost everybody's rankings. So to answer your qusetion as to why the Patriots over a possible 4-0 Vikings: Answer... 2 victories over top 10 opponents.

As for the Jets I said it was a tough choice and I am Pats fan so of course that factors into it but I try to stay as objective as possible. I had the Jets up there at 3 last week so it's not like I'm hating on the Jets. I just believe we have now seen that Sanchez being a rookie is going to have games like this and that hurts the Jets stock. The Pats having Tom Brady on the other hand and that helps their stock to rise and honestly I believe that will be the difference between the 2 teams this season. Don't get me wrong Jets fans you got yourself a great QB of the future but the future is not this year. It's funny saying this as a Pats fan but I kinda like the way the Jets are being built by Rex Ryan. They are one of the teams I enjoy watching on Sunday on my Sunday Ticket and it's good to have the rivalry back.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree that they should have lost to the Bills. They are a better team than the Bills and the Pats were clearly off there game most of the night. I can agree with you that Mckelvin made a huge mistake taking that ball out of the endzone but the Pats made a play striping him of the ball and still had to go and score after that. The Pats and Vikings play on a neutral feild tonight and who wins I would say the Patriots would win that game and that is why I have them ranked above the Vikings.

I disagree that they should have lost to the Bills. They are a better team than the Bills and the Pats were clearly off there game most of the night. I can agree with you that Mckelvin made a huge mistake taking that ball out of the endzone but the Pats made a play striping him of the ball and still had to go and score after that. The Pats and Vikings play on a neutral feild tonight and who wins I would say the Patriots would win that game and that is why I have them ranked above the Vikings.

You know, most logicians and critical thinkers would come to an opposite conclusion than you have about that. You got lucky that night. Admit it and move ahead.

Oh, and your QB needs to take up ballet if he keeps on relying on cheap roughing the passer calls.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Coming from a die-hard bears fan:

How can anyone not have the Vikings in the top 5 teams in the NFL right now? They are scary, when Jared Allen plays like the monster he is, watch out! AP, favre, a recieving corps faster than probably any other in the NFL. They are legit.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

rams80 are your boys going to avg. more than 6 points a game this year? That is not even a TD a game..WOW

Does'nt matter what a dierhard Bear fan thinks the Vikings are not in The 5 IMO make your own 5 and put them in there if it makes you happy. That being said I think the Vikings are very close to The 5. They showed me alot tonight.Still not enough to enter The 5 maybe next week. There should be a spot open after the Pats and Broncos square off.

rams80 are your boys going to avg. more than 6 points a game this year? That is not even a TD a game..WOW

Does'nt matter what a dierhard Bear fan thinks the Vikings are not in The 5 IMO make your own 5 and put them in there if it makes you happy. That being said I think the Vikings are very close to The 5. They showed me alot tonight.Still not enough to enter The 5 maybe next week. There should be a spot open after the Pats and Broncos square off.

Alright, I guess I respect that. But i guess I was just pretty shocked to hear that last nights game didnt affect your top 5. If the Vikings had won 75-0, id say it may have played into the rankings. I think they are far better than the Broncos, who still havent convinced me yet.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I thought the same thing about the Broncos until I watched their Defense really get after the Cowboys in the 2nd Half of that game. Their Defense is legit and the Offense is sure to come around with Kyle Orton limiting mistakes and Marshall finally falling in line buying into what McDaniels is trying to do. That being said I think we will really see what they are all about this weekend against the Pats. If they fail I think the Vikings will be entering The 5.

No early rankings this week as I would like to see what the Jets do on Monday Night.

Just like to voice some of the opinions swimming around in my head after the Sunday Day Games.

The Giants have done nothing to change my mind that they are the best team in football at the moment but I'm going to hold off on crowning them number 1 until I see what Peyton and the Colts do tonight. Saints will remain in the top 5 with the Bye this week. However there is going to be some movement in The 5 as the Pats and the Ravens both lost today. The Broncos solidified themselves and the Vikings looked pretty impressive but something must be said for the Bengals efforts and we will have to see what the Jets bring tomorrow night. Right now there are 7 teams in the hunt for a spot in The 5. We will just have to wait unitl early Tuesday morning to see just who they are.

No early rankings this week as I would like to see what the Jets do on Monday Night.

Just like to voice some of the opinions swimming around in my head after the Sunday Day Games.

The Giants have done nothing to change my mind that they are the best team in football at the moment but I'm going to hold off on crowning them number 1 until I see what Peyton and the Colts do tonight. Saints will remain in the top 5 with the Bye this week. However there is going to be some movement in The 5 as the Pats and the Ravens both lost today. The Broncos solidified themselves and the Vikings looked pretty impressive but something must be said for the Bengals efforts and we will have to see what the Jets bring tomorrow night. Right now there are 7 teams in the hunt for a spot in The 5. We will just have to wait unitl early Tuesday morning to see just who they are.

IF YOU WANNA CROWN 'EM, CROWN THEIR ASS!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Just a little info for ya.

Jets opponents combined record 10-13 (not including Monday Nights game obviously)

Vikings opponents combined record 7-17 (I think this says alot)

Bengals opponents combined record 14-10( I think unless the Jets really show me something tomorrow night.....)

Farve and the Vikings have been impressive in their wins no doubt and you can only play whose on the schedule however they have played the Browns 1-4,Lions 1-4,Rams 0-5,Packers 2-2(Won at home 30-23) and the 49ers 3-2(who were exposed today at home)

The Bengals have had very tight games in every contest even the one they lost to the Broncos in fluke fashion.

They have played the Broncos 5-0(lost 13-7 on one of the craziest receptions since that of the Immaculate kind)

Packers 2-2(Won at GB 31-24),Steelers 3-2,Browns 1-4 and the Ravens 3-2.

The Jets have played the Texans 2-3,Pats 3-2,Titans 0-5,Saints 5-0 and the Dolphins 1-3.

You know what guys I just convinced myself

The 5

1.Colts- Changing of the guard at the top spot Colts were just so damn impressive

2.Giants- They did'nt do anything wrong it's just a feeling I think the Colts are better right now

3.Saints- Idle this week but they have looked so good the last 4 no reason for them to drop

4.Broncos- Anyone else on that how can you trade Culter bandwagon realize that McDaniels is building something there

5.Bengals- Sorry Vikings fans maybe next week

5 (28). Titans (LW: NC)

4 (29). Bills (LW: NR)

3 (30). Browns (LW: 1)

2 (31). Bucs (LW: 4)

1 (32). Rams (LW: 2)

Dropped Out: Chiefs (LW: 3)

Although the Titans were "competitive" against the Colts, they're simply aren't what they were like last season. Also, a welcome goes out to the Bills as they enter the Five at number four after mustering a FG against the previously winless Browns (who moved out of the number one position with a win) in a high scoring game of 6-3!

Archived