The 5

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we really need two NFL ranking threads running concurrently?

For what it's worth, I prefer the five versus a more complete list.

EDIT: I should add mine:

1. Eagles

2. Steelers

3. Cowboys

4. Saints

5. Cowboys

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I note these threads didn't happen last year when Brady went down.

So I guess the O/P is a fairweather annoyingly arrogant Patriots fan.

(1. Steelers, 2. Eagles, 3. Falcons, 4. Cowboys, 5. Ravens, 6-8 some other teams that didn't only beat Buffalo at home because of a lucky kickoff return fumble)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do you really care that much?

Yes. They're the exact same thing. It's clutter.

Just about everyone wasn't ranking all 32 teams in the other thread to begin with....why not just name your top 5 in the other thread?

Just about everyone wasn't ranking all 32 teams in the other thread to begin with....why not just name your top 5 in the other thread?

Yeah I can't see why these posts can't go in the power rankings thread. If people just want to post there top 5 there, I don't have a problem with that.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Agreed. Plus, you are allowed to rank 5, 10, or all 32 teams in the other thread. There's no point in having two seperate NFL rankings threads, so just combine the two and be done with it.

6uXNWAo.png

I've always had this thread during the NFL season. Have always named it The 5 so I say we keep this thread. I will start the week 2 edition on Tuesday and every Tuesday after that. And I am a Pats fan but not as much of a homer as you would like to think. Actually back at home here I'm considered an outcast for watching and following other teams at all. I'm not going to sit here and defend the Pats they are the dynasty in this era of FA whether you like them or not. I am an NFL fan first but my fav. team is the Pats. So if you see the Pats at the top of My 5 take it how you want but those who know football will know that it is probably deserved.If I see a team I think is better they will at the top spot.

barkleyjpg.jpeg

This thread isn't about my Fave 5?

ASIDE: There are usually two weekly pics threads, too. No outrage about that.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah I can't see why these posts can't go in the power rankings thread. If people just want to post there top 5 there, I don't have a problem with that.

Never mind. Why should I care? Carry on.

BB52Big.jpg

I've always had this thread during the NFL season. Have always named it The 5 so I say we keep this thread. I will start the week 2 edition on Tuesday and every Tuesday after that. And I am a Pats fan but not as much of a homer as you would like to think. Actually back at home here I'm considered an outcast for watching and following other teams at all. I'm not going to sit here and defend the Pats they are the dynasty in this era of FA whether you like them or not. I am an NFL fan first but my fav. team is the Pats. So if you see the Pats at the top of My 5 take it how you want but those who know football will know that it is probably deserved.If I see a team I think is better they will at the top spot.

=1&view_by_title=1"]Oro? Then where are last years' threads?

As for knowing football....people who know football would know that the Patriots offensive line is quite suspect, the defense has downgraded slightly, and yes, they are not 0-1 today because Belichick and company pulled the football equivalent of rolling 4 natural 20s in a row.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Trying to get Tnak to condense his previews to one thread is a fruitless battle. He doesn't like to change, and he'll play the "It's my message board, I'll do what I want!" card.

Tnak finally got the message about his Stumper threads...

Trying to get Tnak to condense his previews to one thread is a fruitless battle. He doesn't like to change, and he'll play the "It's my message board, I'll do what I want!" card.

Tnak finally got the message about his Stumper threads...

Oh, I know how tNak is...I'm not trying to battle anyone. Just offering an observation.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived