NFLRevo Speed Signatures

summo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent job on the graphics front they look really tidy!

Unfortunately it has to be one of the most butt ugly football helmets ever created, and that's saying something when you look at some of the buckets Schutt have created in the last few years! What is the current fascination for football helmets that look like they've been created by an origami master on speed? Totally unnecessary creases and angles all over the place. It doesn't make them any safer and to be honest I think it makes them look more ridiculous than aggressive despite what the marketing says so I think it's totally counter productive.

While Riddell helmets prior to the Revolution were notorious for having no vents, now they have gone completely over the top and stuck them all over the shop and left the helmet almost completely un-useable by a great many NFL teams as they cant fit their decals on! I mean even the 49ers are struggling and our decals are hardly huge, so god knows how the Bill Vikes and Broncos are gonna fair? Only thing I can think is they'll just have to cover the vent, rendering it utterly pointless. Ah well, progress eh? what can you do?

Still nice graphic, just a shame about the subject matter in my opinion. Just out of curiosity did you create it from scratch or build these from a template? I found two different 3/4 views on the UFL site but as yet hadn't seen a profile one.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Unfortunately it has to be one of the most butt ugly football helmets ever created, and that's saying something when you look at some of the buckets Schutt have created in the last few years! What is the current fascination for football helmets that look like they've been created by an origami master on speed? Totally unnecessary creases and angles all over the place. It doesn't make them any safer and to be honest I think it makes them look more ridiculous than aggressive despite what the marketing says so I think it's totally counter productive.

While Riddell helmets prior to the Revolution were notorious for having no vents, now they have gone completely over the top and stuck them all over the shop and left the helmet almost completely un-useable by a great many NFL teams as they cant fit their decals on! I mean even the 49ers are struggling and our decals are hardly huge, so god knows how the Bill Vikes and Broncos are gonna fair? Only thing I can think is they'll just have to cover the vent, rendering it utterly pointless. Ah well, progress eh? what can you do?

Still nice graphic, just a shame about the subject matter in my opinion. Just out of curiosity did you create it from scratch or build these from a template? I found two different 3/4 views on the UFL site but as yet hadn't seen a profile one.

9erssteve

Thanks for the kind words. I drew it myself using a profile shot of a real one off of the UFL site. I sort agree with the vent things gone crazy. But I love the modern designs.

SpearSig.jpg

Unfortunately it has to be one of the most butt ugly football helmets ever created...

Thanks for the kind words. I drew it myself using a profile shot of a real one off of the UFL site. I sort agree with the vent things gone crazy. But I love the modern designs.

I like the helmets! Excellent work!

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Archived