Mississippi State - Florida

TrueYankee26

Gators actually have a lot of combos, but they've been going with the monochrome look a lot this year:

tim_tebow.jpg

tim_tebow.jpg

tim-tebow-vent.jpg

tebow001.jpg

1031200446.jpg

chris_leak_1.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

chrisleak.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

chrisleak.jpg

Those jerseys are BEAUTIFUL

*DUCKS*

I've never had much of an issue with you on here like all of the other cats...but wow, get your eyes checked, man. I can't even say, "Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent Folks" on that one, that's just tacky as hell.

Back on topic...I've always been in favor of monochrome as long as the helmet is same color. That's mainly why my Bulldogs looked pretty damn good this past Saturday. Even though for me, it's more of the fact that I'm so happy to see them return to maroon helmets but that's another story for another day. Point is, it looks nice.

Florida should just stick with the blue-white & white-blue set (and let's face it, they aren't going to wear orange pants while Meyer is there. Haven't seen it since Zook was there.), because that's what they look best in. The all-blue just looks way too bulky and slow, and the all-white is the same.

chrisleak.jpg

Those jerseys are BEAUTIFUL

*DUCKS*

I've never had much of an issue with you on here like all of the other cats...but wow, get your eyes checked, man. I can't even say, "Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent Folks" on that one, that's just tacky as hell.

Back on topic...I've always been in favor of monochrome as long as the helmet is same color. That's mainly why my Bulldogs looked pretty damn good this past Saturday. Even though for me, it's more of the fact that I'm so happy to see them return to maroon helmets but that's another story for another day. Point is, it looks nice.

Florida should just stick with the blue-white & white-blue set (and let's face it, they aren't going to wear orange pants while Meyer is there. Haven't seen it since Zook was there.), because that's what they look best in. The all-blue just looks way too bulky and slow, and the all-white is the same.

From the Gators Blog: Only Gators Get Out Alive - http://www.onlygators.com/10/29/2009/oggoa-mailbag-for-thursday-october-29-2009/

In regard to the uniforms, will we ever see the return of orange pants? Have we worn them since Urban Meyer became head coach? (William ? Tampa, FL)

It does not look likely. The last time Florida wore the white jerseys/orange pants combination was Oct. 1, 2005, against Alabama. The Gators lost that game 31-3; perhaps that is why they are no longer worn? In fact, Florida wore them back-to-back weeks that season (Sept. 24 vs. Kentucky). That combination was used extensively the previous season in 2004, including back-to-back games vs. FSU on Nov. 20 (Ron Zook?s last game) and Miami on Dec. 31 (Peach Bowl). Meyer has only used four looks since that game in 2005: all blue, all white, blue/white and white/blue. Even more rare is the blue jersey/orange pants combo, not worn since 1999 vs. FSU.

spacer.png

Archived