NCAA Football Tweaks

TalktoChuck

AIR FORCE FALCONS

The Falcons are not only recognized by the lightning bolt on the side of their helmets, but their traditional option attack. Air Force is one of the premier rushing teams in the nation. Since Fisher DeBerry took over as Falcons head coach in 1984, they have ranked among the nation?s top 10 in rushing 19 times in 21 years. The Air Force football team has enjoyed success not only on the field but also in the classroom. In 49 years of Air Force football, there have been 39 Academic All-Americans.

Currently the Falcons look like this. This look could be way better IMO. So I set out to try and upgrade it. First of I ditched black all together. For one it is no where in the Falcons color scheme, and two because it adds nothing to the uniform. I also wanted to play up the whole lightning bolt aspect of their identity. Next I wnated to try and simplify the look to create a kind of timeless look for the team. This meant getting rid of all the piping that they currently use. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

USAFA-Home.gif

USAFA-Away-1.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Hmm... Why does this team use a lightning bolt logo as opposed to a falcon logo? The bolt reminds me of the San Diego Chargers, despite the fact the logos and colors don't look alike at all.

Overall, I like your concept. There's nothing particularly original about blue and white, but the colors are tasteful and work well together. All in all, this is a pretty basic concept, but sometimes simple concepts are the best ones.

SAN JOSE STATE SPARTANS

San Jose State Univerosty identity is one of my favorites. Thier logos and wordmakrs are one of the best in the NCAA. But their football uniforms suffer from an uninspired look. These last couple years they have used very common templates. This year they look like this, and they have also worn this in past years. Here is my take on what the Spartans should be sporting. For the helmet I placed their Spartan head logo on the helmet rather than their primary logo which is currently on their helmets. For the uniforms, I wanted to use as much yellow as possible without it dominating the blue. Which is why I used the yellow facemask and the yellow numbers on the home. The pants stripes and helmet stripes maych eachother in style to create some consistency.

SJSU-Home.gif

SJSU-Away.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

The San Jose State set is really good. Glad you put the spartan helmet back onto the helmets. The current helmet logo is far too busy. Plus, I really love their colors. Maybe because my high school had somewhat similar colors, but I just really like them.

VANDERBILT COMMODORES

The Commodores of Vanderbilt a program that is making a resurgence in the SEC lately. With a huge bowl game win last year against Boston College, it seems as though the Commodores are done being at the bottom of the SEC. As far a the look of the Commodores, they currently look like this. A generic uniform set with piping for the sake of having piping. Wiht this concept I wanted to get back to the set they had when Jay Cutler was on the team. This set was also one of my favorties in the NCAA, and looked like this (alternate) and this (away) this (home). I went for the basic idea behind that set with a few subtle changes. So here they are

Vandy.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

VANDERBILT COMMODORES

The Commodores of Vanderbilt a program that is making a resurgence in the SEC lately. With a huge bowl game win last year against Boston College, it seems as though the Commodores are done being at the bottom of the SEC. As far a the look of the Commodores, they currently look like this. A generic uniform set with piping for the sake of having piping. Wiht this concept I wanted to get back to the set they had when Jay Cutler was on the team. This set was also one of my favorties in the NCAA, and looked like this (alternate) and this (away) this (home). I went for the basic idea behind that set with a few subtle changes. So here they are

Vandy.gif

Very nice, but is it me or does the gold look kinda dark?

.......And no gold alternate? JK

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• 2 weeks later...

Virginia Cavaliers

For this I didn't change much. I think that the Cavaliers have a very solid set. One of my favorite sets in the ACC. The big change I made here was I changed the pant stripes to match the style of the helmet stripes. I think it gives this set a better sense of consistency and gives it a modern edge. Let me know what you guys think.

Virginia-Home.gif

Virginia-Away.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived