New York Sentinels

GeorgesL

I think it looks a lot better. Maybe you could add some red too for the Fire Dept and complete patriotic color scheme? just a thought

The name Sentinel has nothing to do with the fire dept though. It makes sense for police in a way since it means guardian or 'someone who guards'. i think you should have gotten rid of the gradiant too.

I'd change the silver to gold. The main logo looks almost like a police badge anyway. The logo itself needs no real altering, just a major color upgrade, which you're already making headway with. To do that I started looking at the now iconic NYPD uniform patch. Mainly because police officers are looked at as public sentinels.

I'd make the outline gold, the black on the inside changed dark blue, and the silver on the inner logo skyscraper windows light blue. Keep the "S" white and add 5 blue star within it just like the NYPD shoulder patch.

NYPD PATCH

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I thought about replacing the lime green with a gold colour, but I wanted to keep the black and silver intact, to reveal its boldness. Purple was also considered, but as I said I felt blue was the best choice for New York. I recently lightened the blue similar to what the Knicks have.

• 2 weeks later...

You do realize that all the current four team's logos have the league's colors scheme, right?

Next season they will redo their logos in their own color schemes (as well as their uniforms).

How do you know this? Maybe you know something we dont but why would a new league that is trying to build brand identity have temporary logos and then switch it up on us after one year? I would think they would try and have logos that become familiar to us rather than change as quickly as they presented them to us

Because they were pushing the league over the teams. They have said this on their site. I think only FLA has a look that is totally solid in their current colors.

interesting. i guess there is more to look forward to as far as the teams' looks

I'm personally really excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I love lime green, but that doesn't mean I want every single team in a league to utilize it. It will be nice to see what the teams do next season to differentiate from one another.

SIGNATURE.png

Archived