FSU sticking with what they have...

dbackdiehard17

FSU is sticking with what they have.

Despite the praise that people have given their cool new Nike Pro Combat uniforms, a close source to the team told me today that there is absolutely no way the team will bring them back next year. The Noles will revert back to their previous look, but they will switch to the Nike Pro COmbat material, meaning their jersey next year might have that unique stitching on the shoulders.

But once again, this was a one time thing for FSU. The jerseys they worn today against Maryland will very likely never see the light of day again and they will certainly not be wearing those black helmets any time soon.

I was on the field and got a chance to see them up close in person. They are some really nice uniforms and the black helmets look really cool close up. But when I was up in the press box you could hardly tell it was FSU playing. It looked like Maryland scrimmaging against itself.

Still it was cool to see them try out the different look.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

The Noles will revert back to their previous look, but they will switch to the Nike Pro COmbat material, meaning their jersey next year might have that unique stitching on the shoulders.

I wonder if that means they'll move the TV numbers to accommodate the stitching.

FSU is sticking with what they have.

Despite the praise that people have given their cool new Nike Pro Combat uniforms, a close source to the team told me today that there is absolutely no way the team will bring them back next year. The Noles will revert back to their previous look, but they will switch to the Nike Pro COmbat material, meaning their jersey next year might have that unique stitching on the shoulders.

But once again, this was a one time thing for FSU. The jerseys they worn today against Maryland will very likely never see the light of day again and they will certainly not be wearing those black helmets any time soon.

I was on the field and got a chance to see them up close in person. They are some really nice uniforms and the black helmets look really cool close up. But when I was up in the press box you could hardly tell it was FSU playing. It looked like Maryland scrimmaging against itself.

Still it was cool to see them try out the different look.

If Bowden retires after this year I think it'd be a good idea to keep the new uniforms. It could help symbolize a change in eras. I'm not an FSU fan, but everytime I see their uniforms, I automatically think of all of the scandals at Florida State over the past 20 years or so.

If Bowden retires after this year I think it'd be a good idea to keep the new uniforms. It could help symbolize a change in eras. I'm not an FSU fan, but everytime I see their uniforms, I automatically think of all of the scandals at Florida State over the past 20 years or so.

yeah I understand that--I can't help but think of the nearly 2 decades of dominance & pair of national championships led by one of the 5 or so greatest NCAA football coaches ever

Archived