Syracuse ProCombat

HarperK

Decided to try out a ProCombat uniform set for Syracuse. The current set looks nice, but is also associated with the worst 4 years of Cuse football ever. A permanent change could do them well if you ask me. I decided to go the route of Ohio St. and Oklahoma, a throwback inspired mish-mash.

Helmet- This is pretty much a replica of the helmet they wore during the National Championship year of 1959. They sort of tried this in 2005 but used a block font instead, like Alabama. It just didn't look right, and only lasted one year. I went to the authentic font used in '59.

Jerseys- This was the only true "original" part of the uniform. I wanted something simple, bold, but still unique-looking. I think these would look great on the field. I used "THE 'CUSE" as the team motto, as I couldn't really think of something more clever. I think it still works though.

Pants- Almost the same style as Ohio St. and Oklahoma used with a slight modification. Two-Stripe pattern is something Syracuse has always worn, for a long period has a white stripe between them. I decided that the Navy-Orange-Navy fit the look much better.

Socks- Decided to throw all-navy socks here. While Syracuse traditionally doesn't wear long socks, this would be a good-looking option.

suprcmbt.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Real nice set, a bit disappointed you didn't go too out of the box but it still looks great.

kinda hard to go too out of the box for a school like syracuse. theyre the orange. not much to play around with. the best i could have done was make the helmets look like the carrier dome roof.

I think you should try to incorporate some aspects of the great Syracuse dynasty over the past decade. Maybe put their record on the back of the pants haha

...coming from a team who had to put out an ad for anybody who played qb in high school :)

Archived