First Concept

TFoA

Well, after being a guest on this board for like, 2 years, I've decided to finally join the place... Why did I take so long? I just wanted to see the full quality of work here, and I gotta say, THIS PLACE IS THE TRUTH!!!

And also, I decided to try and get an illustrator program before I joined up... Now that I got one, I've decided to join...

So my first post is a concept I made for the Houston Astros..

Houston Astros Concept

Sorry if it's a bit rough, but anyways, comments, good bad, or just plain ugly are welcome

A little softball-ish. Even little league. That being said, i do actually like it.

For a first post, that ain't too shabby. Keep up the good work.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I decided to try and get an illustrator program before I joined up... Now that I got one, I've decided to join...

First off, Welcome!

Sencondly... illustrator program, or Adobe Illustrator?

Third... the concept... a little grainy (might be the program you're using or the way you're saving your work), but the idea behind it isn't bad.

Good work for a first-timer!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I decided to try and get an illustrator program before I joined up... Now that I got one, I've decided to join...

First off, Welcome!

Sencondly... illustrator program, or Adobe Illustrator?

Third... the concept... a little grainy (might be the program you're using or the way you're saving your work), but the idea behind it isn't bad.

While I know some people don't post when their comments have already been said, I think that is wrong, and lazy.

So, here are MY comments about your post...

First off, Welcome!

Secondly... illustrator program, or Adobe Illustrator?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Great job "newbie" but I'm kind of sick of seeing the Texas state outline in sporting logos of today or at least concepts logos.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

good start, this is possibly the first Astros concept with the current scheme that i like (and i despise the real ones with a passion, my preference is for their blue and gold scheme, which they stupidly scrapped)

the style reminds me of the 78 padres, except it doens't make you look like you work at mcdonalds, circa 1978. the hats, the first one is reminiscent of the old blue jays, and the second one reminds me of its negative.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

TFOA (the flame of atlanta)-

Welcome to the CC boards. We hope you will post more of your work - don't take anything personal. We have a fine group of sports, graphic & logo fans. They will speak what they think and make suggestions. Only to help you along the way. I too have taken many of their suggestions and it has helped.

Glad to have you post your work - I like your dark unis the best. The white one are a bit "softball stylish". Might shrink the 'Texas' outline logo a bit and then post a large one to show the detail. Really nice job for the first post.

Keep them coming!! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Hey, thanks to everybody for the greetings, I feel really welcome! And as for the concepts, I'm going to keep em coming... As soon as I get some ideas, because I've got a severe mental block right now :P

Welcome fellow ATLien...

I actually like the concept a lot. I love the hat with the white panel on it, which is odd, because I usually hate that style of "throwback" hat... but for some reason it really seems to work in this concept.

Archived