Ohio State Pro Combat HOME set

aawagner011

Hey I just found a prototype home PC set for tOSU. To sum it up, I hate it. Something about the away one looked great to me, but I wouldn't like to see the Buckeyes roll out with this. I know it doesn't have the shield at the collar, but its supposedly a prototype or something.

Away (just for referencing, looks good to me!)

MSHDHTACCHWNGRW.20091121213215.jpg

Home prototype (bleh)

cidimg00063200912021417.jpg

what if they left the sleeves from the away and put them on the home. so a gray sleeve with the red stripes. i dunno if it would look good but just an idea.

I was working on a mock up of that in PS and it decided to crash on me like always. I'll try to finish it out tomorrow and post it to see what it looks like (with white numbers! I can't stand those gray).

Is this a sign of the future for tOSU? I saw these in action and thought they were throwbacks. Are they seriously trying to change the identity now? Confused=Me lol.

Doubtful. If they went with a full switch, I think the Buckeye faithful would revolt. They freaked out enough just over the way they updated the sleeve stripes a few years back, I don't think they would accept that drastic of a change permanently.

Is this a sign of the future for tOSU? I saw these in action and thought they were throwbacks. Are they seriously trying to change the identity now? Confused=Me lol.

No. My understanding is that Tressel hated the throwbacks they wore against Michigan and the players weren't too crazy about them either. Worst case scenario (or best depending on your perspective) is that these become some sort of alternate but I really doubt it would even go that far. Alumni and fans had a heart attack when they changed the jersey stripes a few years back. Imagine the reaction such a drastic change would get.

BB52Big.jpg

This is interesting, and I really like the look of the gray number with the black outline, but it would not work with either of their two helmets they wear because of the lack of white on uniform. Now, I love non-white numbers. They have much more character than white numbers. I would really be interested in seeing the Buckeyes drop white from their uniforms altogether and go with gray, scarlet and black only.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is interesting, and I really like the look of the gray number with the black outline, but it would not work with either of their two helmets they wear because of the lack of white on uniform. Now, I love non-white numbers. They have much more character than white numbers. I would really be interested in seeing the Buckeyes drop white from their uniforms altogether and go with gray, scarlet and black only.

I don't know why, but I really hate the use of white on uniforms when it's not one of their official colors. Numbers should always be the opposite color of the jersey. I really hate the excuse that it makes the numbers easier to see on tv too.

After some thinking, I guess white pants are ok. I'm not a fan of the unitard look.

Archived