Eagle Logo

The Fixer

hey so im trying to make this eagle logo and i need a little help. Hopefully i wont get yelled at for making a thread asking for help on a concept.

so i sketched out the face and a few variations of the whole head, now im kinda screwed cause nothing i had in my head worked out. So i have the face (rough not finished) and now i need to figure out what to do for the rest of the logo. head on logos of birds are tough! any ideas?

eagle.png

this is the first logo ive made in illustrator, before ive down bits and pieces in AI but this is the first ive down fully in AI. ive got a hang of the tools and im liking it!

Well haha those were a part of an idea I had and I giess didn't Think of removing for posting. So ya just ignore those. And ya sure I'll post the sketched tomorow and a few of my ideas that didn't work out.

Edit: a better explanation of the "smile" was I was trying to do something like this http://www.chriscreamer.com/logo.php?id=bdlz81qi35g2ksnhx3j1f0epm and the "crown thing" was going to stick out of the oval and add some flare. I think they could both work but I'm still confused on what to do now

Oh I see. Well to be honest i'm more of a drawing person instead of a computer one. I suggest you give the eagle a head first, focus on a basic outline of what you want the eagle to look like, possibly add some guide lines. Right now it looks like ya just gave up on the drawing. Here's some pics for reference:

eagle_rebirth_head.jpg

eagle_head.jpg

Well I tried that and it just makes yhe logo look too tall. Something needs to balance it out and what's what I was having trouble with. I just wanna do it in a more creative way the slapping a half oval for the head. I'll work more on this tomorrow. Jus got a new idea

I think you ought to choose different colors, or change them slightly. Right now you've got a bright red or blue, and there's no clearly defined highlight/lowlight color. I think you should make the blue a bit darker, almost navy I think.

I think you ought to choose different colors, or change them slightly. Right now you've got a bright red or blue, and there's no clearly defined highlight/lowlight color. I think you should make the blue a bit darker, almost navy I think.

yeah i wasnt planning on keeping those colors. those are just while im working on them. i dont really know what team im making this for anyways

Update:

eagle2.png

tried the classic lighting on one side look.

now what? add a tongue, maybe lighting on the bottom of the left side along the feathers, detail to eyes.

edit: here is what i was thinking for bottom shading

eagle3.png

again:just working colors, ill change them when im finished

Let me know what your going to use it for. Birds are something i really get down well.

Example.

BirdExamples.jpg

wow nice examples thanks for them. Ive always loved that blackhawk logo. Ive seen it around but never known who made it. nice, i love it

anyone?

your getting there!Try reducing some of the nodes or whatever they're called, because right now it looks a little choppy, also try adding some shadow or depth because right now it still looks a little 2d. but overall great start!

I felt compelled to comment on this, as you had commented on mine. It's a decent start, but the most noticable flaw is the eyes. Im not an expert at drawing birds, but the eyes are definatly off. Maybe try making them smaller and add a bit more detail to them, perhaps a pupil. For the colours, I was thinking of something that doesnt contrast much, possibly 2 tone gold. I find with logos like that, if the halves are greatly contrasted then it makes the logo look too abstract. Keep up the good effort, you'll get it.

Let me know what your going to use it for. Birds are something i really get down well.

Example.

BirdExamples.jpg

What is the logo in the top right, with the Lakota medicine wheel and colors, for?

it was a Fictional team called the Tribe. My tribe the Ojibwa use the same colors for there Unity Buttons.

MikePho3niX.png

ok so ive been working on it a bit more (colors still undecided but i thought blue with lighter blue highlights and an accent yellow looked good)

eagle1212.png

im not really sure about this one? any ideas, thoughts? what to keep/get rid of?

and ive kinda been switching to more of a hawk logo, i wasnt really bent on an eagle so i guess its a hawk now! thanks

it's getting better. the shape around the top of the head is just a little too simple and boring as it is so smooth. the outer shape looks like those bad guys that chase you on pacman. you are making good progress definitely. i think there is too much blue in the beak especially since the light sourse is coming from out right and that side of the beak has the most shading. it should be flipped around and then reduce the blue still. there is also too much area below the beak suggesting that there is more head down there (and a hint of a smile) when there really shouldnt be. it is getting better and close to being there. good effort on this so far!

Example.

BirdExamples.jpg

What is the logo in the top right, with the Lakota medicine wheel and colors, for?

it was a Fictional team called the Tribe. My tribe the Ojibwa use the same colors for there Unity Buttons.

Is the middle bottom one supposed to be a Phoenix Coyotes one?

EDIT: Also, I echo what Jaha said on the concept itself.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived