Uefa Euro 2012 unveild logo

pepis21

w86iwmbgm60t8zwh9yh.gif

EURO bloom

The 'bloom' logo has a flower representing each of the co-host nations and a central ball symbolising the emotion and passion of the competition, while the stem denotes the structural aspect of the competition, UEFA and European football. Nature has inspired other features of the visual identity, with woodland green, sun yellow, aqua blue, sky blue and blackberry purple being the crucial tones of the palette of colours to figure in official tournament branding.

scource: UEFA

Video:

4r2eer.png

Love or hate the logo, you can't deny that video is awesome.

And I love the logo. Wordmark is a thing of beauty IMO.

Agreed. Never been a fan of the shared tournament hosting thing, though.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

I do kind of agree with you on the joint hosting thing, but given the strict conditions UEFA set, the Euros would be on a very limited rota if they didn't allow joint hosting.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Here's a question, and I'm doing research to find the answer but so far have come up with nothing.

Who is originally responsible for the UEFA "Flag" mark used for the 1960-1992 tournaments? There seems to be very little information available on its history or origin.

Euro_64.jpg

I do kind of agree with you on the joint hosting thing, but given the strict conditions UEFA set, the Euros would be on a very limited rota if they didn't allow joint hosting.

You have a point. Without the joint hosting the tourney would end up in England, France, Spain, Germany or Italy every four years.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Here's a question, and I'm doing research to find the answer but so far have come up with nothing.

Who is originally responsible for the UEFA "Flag" mark used for the 1960-1992 tournaments? There seems to be very little information available on its history or origin.

Euro_64.jpg

Anyone have some insight?

Re: old Euro Logos

I work at the Swiss Federation and asked some of the older guys if they know something about those Logos.

Sadly nobody could tell me something about them, not even the guy in charge of all the historic data, pics, stats and all that.

Surely someone at UEFA must know something about that. Ever tried calling/mailing them ?

Re: Euro2012 Logo

I don't like "different style" they use for the RO in Euro. Whatever way, just keep it alike IMO.

Not a huge fan of that flower either.

Calling may be the next resort, as email contact with UEFA has to this point gotten nowhere. I'm researching for a long-form design history article and this bit is a rather glaring omission to this point.

That said, if you work at the SFV, I may have another design query for you later.

Re: old Euro Logos

I work at the Swiss Federation and asked some of the older guys if they know something about those Logos.

Sadly nobody could tell me something about them, not even the guy in charge of all the historic data, pics, stats and all that.

Surely someone at UEFA must know something about that. Ever tried calling/mailing them ?

1960-1992 = 32 years.

Yeah, that's 20 or so.

C'mon, man, math is so 1997. I mean, that was 16 years ago or something!

Seriously though, great logo and an even better video.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived