BCS Conference Realignment

jhans203

I know that these BCS Realignment/Reorganization topics can and are overplayed. I absolutely love college football and while the BCS is definitely better than naming Co-Champions, it still has it flaws and biases that really should be addressed.

I think the fairest thing is that in order to receive an automatic bid a BCS system. Whether that's an eight team playoff or eight team BCS Bowl system. That's (always) up for debate.

But, I believe that there should be a requirement(s) for a conference to garner an automatic bid and namely that would be that they hold a Conference Championship game, which would require that the conference has 12 teams. This would force current BCS Conferences, the Pac-10, Big Ten and Big East to expand and current BCS hopefuls the Mountain West and the WAC to expand as well in hopes to get an automatic bid.

With that requirement I came up with my own realignment and would love to hear others' ideas on BCS realignment or the BCS system in general. In this expansion I would actually dissolve the WAC into the Mountain West and Conference USA.

PAC-10 --> PAC-12

Northern Division

Washington

Washington State

Oregon

Oregon State

Utah

Boise State

Southern Division

California

Stanford

UCLA

USC

Arizona

Arizona State

Big Ten

Western Division

Illinois

Northwestern

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Iowa

Iowa State

Eastern Division

Penn State

Ohio State

Michigan

Michigan State

Indiana

Purdue

Big East Conference

Northern Division

Connecticut

Syracuse

Rutgers

Pittsburgh

Cincinnati

Louisville

Southern Division

West Virginia

Eastern Carolina

Southern Florida

Marshall

Central Florida

Memphis

Big 12

Northern Division

Nebraska

Kansas

Kansas State

Missouri

Colorado

Brigham Young

Southern Division

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Texas Christian

Mountain West Conference

Pacific Division

San Diego State

UNLV

New Mexico

Fresno State

Nevada

Utah State

Mountain Division

Wyoming

Colorado State

Air Force

Tulsa

UTEP

Baylor

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

You're ignoring a lot of politics, academics, and bad blood here. To begin with, Tulsa would not rejoin many of their old WAC brethren after they bolted on the WAC to form the MWC.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It is apparent that you fail to realize that colleges and universities are centers of education first, and that intercollegiate athletics are a part of the university, not THE ONLY part.

Baylor got into the Big XII with help from the Texas Legislature, they will have a say in your moving them out.

You do not have many "travel partners" with these new arrangements too.

Your Pac 10 additions are pure homer-ism as both do not even sniff the Pac 10 schools academically.

It is apparent that you fail to realize that colleges and universities are centers of education first, and that intercollegiate athletics are a part of the university, not THE ONLY part.

LOL.

(at least at the undergrad level)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Best thing in my mind is move Boise State and Fresno State to the MWC and send New Mexico and SDSU to the WAC that would almost encourage the NCAA for MWC to become a BCS Conference.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

LOL.

And looking at this again, this plan basically makes the remaining C-USA and WAC schools FCS participants. The following schools (examples) are SOL, yet Utah State get to move up?

Houston

Hawaii

Let's see that new 22 team MAC work!

Interesting timing, as today the Big Ten officially declared their interest in adding a 12th team.

The first school that usually comes to mind with Big Ten expansion is Notre Dame, but on the Gopher basketball pregame radio show tonight they speculated that Missouri might actually be more interested in a move at this point (they claimed Mizzou was sore about getting passed over by the New Year's Day bowls in favor of inferior but more glamorous Big 12 rivals). They also floated Syracuse and even Rutgers as possibilities.

And if Missouri did bolt for the Big Ten, my guess is that BYU would be the Big 12's first choice for a replacement (they would be competitive almost right away, and geographically they would fit right into the North division).

CCSLC signature.png

Interesting timing, as today the Big Ten officially declared their interest in adding a 12th team.

The first school that usually comes to mind with Big Ten expansion is Notre Dame, but on the Gopher basketball pregame radio show tonight they speculated that Missouri might actually be more interested in a move at this point (they claimed Mizzou was sore about getting passed over by the New Year's Day bowls in favor of inferior but more glamorous Big 12 rivals). They also floated Syracuse and even Rutgers as possibilities.

And if Missouri did bolt for the Big Ten, my guess is that BYU would be the Big 12's first choice for a replacement (they would be competitive almost right away, and geographically they would fit right into the North division).

I'd be down with Mizzou moving to the Big Ten not as hard as the Big 12 haha. As for BYU to the Big 12 you can't split them up from Utah they could put TCU in the Big 12 North but that kinda messes up the Regional aspect.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I'd be down with Mizzou moving to the Big Ten not as hard as the Big 12 haha. As for BYU to the Big 12 you can't split them up from Utah they could put TCU in the Big 12 North but that kinda messes up the Regional aspect.

Dude...your Tigers would miss the good ol' days of the Big XII North in fairly short order.

Today, we are all otaku.

LOL.

While that comment was certainly funny, if you ask me, the real "LOL" moment came from this...

Baylor got into the Big XII with help from the Texas Legislature, they will have a say in your moving them out.

I love how dfwabel addressed it as if this realignment was just a dotted I and a crossed T from being reality.

But we can always use another realignment thread. :P

BB52Big.jpg

Archived